PDA

View Full Version : 30G getting ready

BdaSquid
08/19/2005, 05:43 PM
Hi Reef Goers.

Home Setup:
I'm curing rock for my 30g setup in a separate plastic tub. I have 96W X 2 - Compact Lighting - Daylight, Actinic and 3 "Moonlight LEDS, Red Sea Prizm Skimmer and two Maxijet powerheads ready to go. Gonna try aquascaping with PVC cuts to keep rocks of the bottom of the tank. If I can get a good deal, I'd consider upgrading to a 50g setup.

Office Setup:
The Eclipse 6 is maturely nicely. Still needing that spanish hogfish! My banded coral shrimps have devoured my baby razorfish and my ultra tiny jewelfish. Oh well....

BdaSquid
09/13/2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah Reefers!

5 weeks of curing rocks paid off well. The little crabs, mantis and snapping shrimps are history. Once the tank was aquascaped, it was crystal clear viewing a just over an hour.
I am anxious but slowly adding discosomas and zoos. A couple of carpet anemones are in the sand bed.

Yes, the Red Sea Prizm skimmer gets a fair amount of gunk out of the setup, but it is noisy.

Slowly, I said......ha! I have a small blue tang, an ocean surgeon and a mini pudding swirling in the currents. I want to add a Reef Butterfly, Hogfish and Spanish Hogfish soon.

The tank temp is ranges between 79 and 82 - A/C cools the tank and the family.

So far, so good. I will change 5 gallons of water every two days for a few weeks. This seemed to work for the Eclipse 6G setup. Along with adding Aragamilk and Tech I Iodine, the discosomas and polyp growth was phenomenal. An external 20W black light will be used to make a couple of the carpet anemones return to the front of the tank!