PDA

View Full Version : wwill homeowners cover destroyed corals

wjhuie
08/18/2005, 01:14 PM
Last tuesday while I was at work my cousin came over along with her eight year old daughter. My tank is kind of in a back room anyway the little girl decided she was going to catch dory with my scraper needless to say allmost all of my stoneys were smashed to peices I salvaged what I could, but all of my large colonies were destroyed I was wondering If my or her homeowners insurance would cover such a loss. Anyone know,
or ever had a similar claim

bshumake
08/18/2005, 01:35 PM
Sorry I just noticed that this is basically posted twice. With this information I would go to your cousin for restitution. And the kid should be punnished as well.

cateyes
08/18/2005, 01:45 PM
yeah,, go after the kid with the scraper!!! just kidding :)

Rendos
08/18/2005, 01:54 PM
NO. I have experience with losing everything in a 200 gallon tank. They will not cover live animals (in any circumstance), or equipment, but will cover damage to your household due to a leak or broken tank.

Rendos
08/18/2005, 06:33 PM
Is this Walker?

I am sure that Kelly had her baby by now. What did we have? What is it's name? Who is the new youngest member of the reef club?

P.S. it sounds like you now have a lot of frags available...maybe you could make up some of your losses by selling them.