PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again!!!!

Mickster
02/18/2002, 11:37 PM
Hey guys ...and gal (BECKY :) ),

That winter storm and all of this cold then warm weather has been horrible for me. I have been too tired and sick to even take care of my tank!!! :( Now that things are back to normal....I can clean the glass!!

Seems like everybody made it through those power outages! I lost a tang :( . I need to invest in one of those battery opperated air pumps!!

Mickster

OscarBeast
02/18/2002, 11:46 PM
Have you guys ever tried to use UPS units to drive small stuff like pumps when the power goes out? Seems like they would work well and would kick in when the power goes out.

Nice to meet you and sorry you lost your tang. :(

Kyle McClain
02/19/2002, 11:53 AM
Hey Mickey !

OscarBeast

Their have been sevral threads about using a ups to run aquarium equipment. Apparently it works quite well. Of course the bigger the unit the longer you and more equipment you can run

OscarBeast
02/19/2002, 12:48 PM
I am a computer dork and the UPS was the first thing that came to mind. :P

I had been suggesting it to people on oscarfish.com for a while, but have never actually tried it myself. :P Many of the units are pretty cheap anymore too.

Don Davis
02/20/2002, 08:36 PM
Hey Mickey, Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your tang, is that the one your brother got you for Christmas?

I posted a picture of your frag a few weeks ago, it looks a lot different.

Later,

Don

Mickster
02/21/2002, 12:33 AM
Don,

Yeah, it was the one my brother got me. :( I was starting to like it too!! Funny how frags always look different in different tanks!
I will have to go back and look at it!

Mickey