PDA

View Full Version : Can i add more fish?

shag26272
02/18/2002, 07:30 PM
I have a 72g oceanic bowfront i have 2 tomato clowns, 2 yellow tail damsels, and 1 domino damsel. I want to add a Kole tang and a banggai cardinal. Does anyone think i will have a problem between these fish?

shag26272
02/18/2002, 09:07 PM
bump

shag26272
02/19/2002, 08:04 AM
anyone?

dendronepthya
02/19/2002, 09:00 AM
The damsels may pick on a bangaii cardinal. Size wise though, a bangaii should be ok. The kole tang is more of a grey area. While your tank certainly can house a small one, it would be nice if your tank was a little larger for when it eventually grows. A kole does not get quite as large as some of the other tangs, but they still need their room. A 72 with 5-6 other fish may be a little toward the crowded side especially when you consider the damsels will most certainly stress a fish like that.

6-line
02/19/2002, 09:24 AM
Although the Kole may be able to defend itself from Damsels, a new intro into a tank full of dominant damsels isn't a fun thing.
I would definitely forget about the Banggai with damsels; Banggais are placid fish and the Damsels would probably kill it.
I'd remove the Domino and then maybe add the Kole....
My Kole was harassed continueously by my female ocellaris clown but now they get along. Needless to say, there was plenty of battle scars spread...

Steve Richardson
02/19/2002, 09:38 AM
I have a tomato clown in a 75. In 3 years, it has become a big and dominating fish. Once established... they can be hugely territorial. (well...they are damsels after all... :) ). Think ahead.

You might be able to get away with the cardinal, but I think its not going to be easy to add fish to that bunch. Not sure if I would add the Kole in there.

shag26272
02/19/2002, 09:49 AM
im trying to get these stupid damsels out as we speak with a net im not sure how i am going to do it

hcs3
02/19/2002, 07:40 PM
i'll stick with the same general tone of this thread...

get the damsels out, watch the clowns (they are damsels afterall), and purchase a small tang with the understanding that it will need a larger tank as it grows. banggais are cool once the damsels are removed.

HTH

henry