PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want an urchin?

mtellin
02/18/2002, 06:44 PM
Just went out to check my tank(was gonna kill a couple more aipstasia) and the urchin had went right over the ricordia and also knocked the rock it was on directly on my prized leather coral :hammer: So hes been banished to the refugium for now. Not sure if I should leave him there or just take him to Mini's for my .25 cents in store credit Id prob get for the guy...Anyone think I'll gain anything by keeping him down there? Im guessing nothing much if anything....

tcaquati
02/18/2002, 07:20 PM
Mike What kind is he? I really can't think of any benefits from of him in the sump expet he will probably munch any coraline in there.

T&C

mtellin
02/18/2002, 07:29 PM
It's just a pencil urchin, if I had live rock in there Id be more prone to keep him there thinking hed rip corraline off and send it thru the return pump but its just sand right now :)

tcaquati
02/18/2002, 10:27 PM
got a pict? sixe of your little bulldozer? are the corals ok?

C&T

mtellin
02/18/2002, 10:33 PM
I dont have a pic of the actual culprit no. Hes a pretty big boy though, hes definitely been lifting some rocks and working out :) The ricordia looks pretty bad :( I JUST got this coral too so Im very mad at him. The leather doesnt look good either but I expect it will come out of it, if not I will frag out the bad spot.