PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Falls??

ceemo
08/15/2005, 04:55 PM
Just moved to Idaho Falls and I am looking for other reefers in the area to trade and share with?

kgross
08/19/2005, 03:23 AM
Welcome to Idaho. We have a club in the boise area, but I don't know much about Idaho Falls. Sorry. Hopefully somebody else will chime in that is from that area. You might want to check with the Salt LaKe area club and see what you can find.

Kim

Ploppers
08/26/2005, 12:06 PM
I'm in Pocatello, but I'm just getting started. So not much help there ;) Salt Lake seems to have a decent amount of reefers.http://www.utahreefs.com/
As far as buying stuff the 2 McKee's in Pocatello are really the only decent place to buy from. PetCo's tanks always seem pretty nasty. If you want to go to Utah then Bird World in Bountiful is a really nice place.

ceemo
08/27/2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks
Are there any other good stores in Utah if I am going to go that far anyways??

Ploppers
08/27/2005, 11:52 AM
Bird World is in Bountiful, the north end of Salt Lake. They are great, lots of salt water stuff, helpful employees. Here's a list of stores in Utah. http://www.utahreefs.com/localpetstores.asp
You might check their forums for more info. The only other one I've made it to down there is Fish 4 U. It's not a bad store. They have quite a bit of stuff. I wasn't as impressed with it as I was with Bird World though. If you go down their you might check out the aquarium at the Gateway mall, not huge but it's pretty neat.

tammym1961
09/25/2005, 02:21 PM
Welcome to Idaho Falls!! I live in Arco but drive to Idaho Falls everyday to work. I have a 55 gal reef tank. If you ever need anything just let me know. I will do what I can. Petco in IF did have really crappy tanks but I went in there this Friday and was quite impressed. Must have someone working that knows what they are doing!! I usually buy online.

Hope everything is going well for you!

Tammy

Ploppers
09/25/2005, 02:34 PM
Actually I was going to say the same about the Petco in Pocatello. I just went in the other day and the tanks are no longer covered in algae. They just got a new shipment of fish in that actually looked quite well. Their new Achilles Tang looked like it was doing really good.

ceemo
09/25/2005, 02:52 PM
Hi
Thanks for the replys, I am glad to see other reefers in the area. I finaly did an online order because I could not find what I wanted. I am glad to hear that the tanks in Pocatello are better the last time I was down there I could not even see what was in them toooo much alge on the glass. I was just down there yesterday and did not stop.:(too bad
I have been in the store in IF. but they have been battling some kind of infectin lots of fish with pop- eye so I am leary of buying there unless it is in their reef tank. I am glad to have others to trade with in the area, I have some large Kenya tree coral starts and also a green flower recordia mushroom ( I forgot exactly what it is but it is cool) if you would like to trade??
Camille

tammym1961
09/25/2005, 03:11 PM
I have a pink w/blue tips and a green mouth ricordia. The one I have to trade is getting ready to split so it is a little bigger. Let me know.

What all do you have in your tank? Do you have a DSB? How long has your tank been set up? Broken Record Huh!?! :D

Tammy

kgross
09/25/2005, 03:27 PM
This is great!! Our little forum here is helping other idaho reefers get together. You get a few more people and you will be able to start up a club.

Also just to let you know if you can make it we are having our annual Christmas party on December 13, a tuesday at 7:00 pm. We will be having a great raffle as well as some good food. The raffle already has, 2 iwaki pumps, XM lights, a GenX pump, Sunlight supply Reef Optix HQI pendant AGA Mini bow 5 tanks TDS meter. 25 ft python no spill, co2 regulator, $100 gift cert to cool touch lighting. We have also been told by Sequence that they will be sending a pump, Innovative Aquarium Products is sending a sump/refugium, Little Giant promised a pump, and lots more. It could be very worth your time if you could make it.

Kim

ceemo
09/28/2005, 12:08 PM
Tammy I PM'd you.
Camille

idareefer
11/15/2007, 11:17 AM
I live in Idaho Falls, into sps mostly, some lps, need to see who else is around, we are few and far between., Marty

pondy
11/28/2007, 05:13 PM
Hey I am in Idaho Falls area (Ririe) as well and I have a mostly sps tank, but am very intrested in pretty much everything. I am finaly glad to see that there are more people in the area. Dustin

idareefer
11/28/2007, 06:23 PM
Hey Dustin! it's Marty! ya you know know me, sorry I haven't called been very busy with the x-mas season selling diamonds! you know I'm the wholesale man, anyway call me if you can, let's get together soon, I've got lot's of new cool stuff, see ya man.

Ploppers
11/29/2007, 10:20 AM
How's the tank doing Dustin?

pondy
11/30/2007, 08:32 PM
doing great. My sps are doing good. Still new and dont have many sps frags yet but soon. Hows your clowns doing

idareefer
12/01/2007, 02:46 AM
Dustin it was good to stop by & visit with you for a while & see how your tank was coming along, Marty PM, tell Mr Ploppers to come on down so we can get together, or we will go see him.

pondy
12/02/2007, 11:59 AM
I will It was good to have you over. I am looking at those lights right now and I plan on getting them here in the next month or so. I have to save a bit for christmas. But they might end up under the tree. We will see. Ill give you a call and come see your tank some time soon.

Ploppers
12/03/2007, 02:35 PM
I definitely want to make a trip up there to see your tanks. Or you guys can stop by down here some time.

The clowns are doing excellent. 13 at 61 days old and close to 100 at 49 days old. The larger ones are probably just over 3/8" long now. They're starting to get the black outlines around the stripe and their pelvic fins are turning black. Still no second stripe yet though.:confused:

Nothing much new with the tank since you were down. Just trying to keep my calcium and alkalinity in check until I can afford to get a reactor. :rolleyes:

pondy
12/03/2007, 10:34 PM
are you still using the two part solution? I have been using it for around 2 months and it has done a world of good for my tank and calcium and allk are in check.

Ploppers
12/03/2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I'm using it and it works great. Remembering to dose it every day is my problem. :D

pondy
12/07/2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah it is kinda a pain in the rear to have to dose every night but it sure helps my tank and my corals are doing great and growning alot faster in a slow way.