PDA

View Full Version : Flying to LA next week to hand pick corals.

corpsman
08/12/2005, 12:03 AM
No, not Lower Alabama.... I used to tell people I was from UCLA (Ugly Corner of Lower Alabama)
Anyway, I am flying to LA on the 19th of this month with Tim Nye of Aqua Works in Pensacola. (I don't work there, just a customer and friend) We are going with the express mission of hand picking the hottest corals available. We will be flying back on Monday the 22nd. The corals Should be on display and ready to go on the 23rd. The address for the shop is:

7141 N. 9th Avenue Suite E
Pensacola, FL. 32504
(850) 471-9600

These will go on a first come, first serve basis. If you are driving from Mobile, I would recomend calling the shop to be sure they are there on the 23rd.

We are buying allot of SPS, LPS, and Soft corals. Sorry, but because of time constraints and logistics, we can not take special requests.

We will be bringing back the hand picked types of corals you see on reefermadness and other sites. You can actually see them before you buy.

This is an exciting oportunity for me to hand pick sick corals for my tank. I hope to bring back things for your tanks that will blow you guys away.

If you want to post any general "be on the look out for" things I will take a list, but he cannot hold corals attached to individuals.
Make a list, and I will try to bring back whats on it, but they will be first come first serve when the hit the shop

GrndHog
08/13/2005, 08:33 AM
Corps,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I found out about Tim's trip at the frag swap last Friday, maybe I met you there. For those of you that missed the swap, it was a great turn out with about 20-25 people and alot of different frags to be had. Tim mentioned that that swap might be a monthly thing, that would be great.

I plan on checking out what you guys bring back from the west coast, thanks again for the heads up.

corpsman
08/22/2005, 11:19 PM
Back from LA... contact Tim to see when the corals will be available. Really cool stuff.

GrndHog
08/29/2005, 07:17 PM
Who didnt go over and checkout what Tim brought back, missed out, big time!!!

He had some awesome SPS colonies that were out of this world!!

I picked up a mushroom rock that i thought looked nice and unusual

bad habit
11/03/2005, 09:50 AM
Is this shop open all the time? We live in Central MS and we make little trips down to New Orleans from time to time but would love to check out some places in FL if they are not too far away. Pensacola is about 4 hours for us so that would be fine...
How many shops are in that area?
And, if anyone has any pretty zoos or blastos for sell please let me know.

Thanks!

jagal
11/12/2005, 08:06 PM
I think they are open Monday - Saturday. I am not sure about the times.

Do they still have frag swaps?

jagal

jagal
11/12/2005, 08:08 PM
The two places I look at are Aqua Works in the shopping center with CiCi's Pizza, and Waterworld which is down the road from Aqua Works.

I don't know the number for Aqua Works, but the number to Waterworld is 850-477-3239. Waterworld is open Mon - Sat 1000 - 1800.

jagal

wastwage
11/16/2005, 06:29 AM
So whens the next trip?

corpsman
11/16/2005, 11:23 AM
We plan to go back around the first of the year.

wastwage
11/16/2005, 02:31 PM
ok thanks keep us posted.

bad habit
11/16/2005, 03:15 PM
Ok, I guess what I need to know is....considering how much stuff they have and their prices, would you say it would be worth a 4 hour trip one way to go to WaterWorld or Aqua Works?