PDA

View Full Version : Tiger eel

mattcastaneda
02/17/2002, 02:32 AM
I am looking for information on the tiger eel is this the same eel they call the banded eel? What size do they reach and how agressive are they. In may when i get back from my vacation I am starting to build a large tank 12x4x4 and I want to put four or five eels(same type) in with the rest of my fish(puffer,husk clown grouper,may be a small shark 2foot max. I am sure there will come a time when I have to get into the tank to service something and do not want a five foot eel to think I taste good.

FMarini
02/17/2002, 09:15 PM
Hi:
unless you can come up w/ a scientific name for this eel, I will be of little help. Common name useage varies w/ places and your tiger eels could be my banded eel. I' ve seen a number of tiger-striped eels recently some incredible looking others bla-say. So any idea?

If you're looking for moray info get Scott Michaels book "reef fish vol1", its chock full of moray info, and great photos as well.

Sorry I could help more, but your described tank size would be awesome
frank

mattcastaneda
02/18/2002, 01:22 AM
I was able to find a few banded eels there names are B1] BANDED MORAY 30.00

Echidna Pozyona, Phichthus sp. and Ophichthus sp. These where all under the name banded eel some sites claimed they were reef safe and some said they were not. I actually found the name tiger eel in one of your other post. so any info you have will help.