PDA

View Full Version : August 2005 Meeting

mothra
08/09/2005, 03:35 PM
When: August 27th, 12:00 noon
Where: Straw Hat Pizza, 1238 N. Main St. (Corner of Main & Lancaster)
Topic:
This month's meeting will feature a presentation/slideshow on sea horses by Elizabeth Norsworthy, who is a local hobbyist with experience keeping and breeding these interesting little creatures. Liz has given this presentation to the MARS club recently with very positive responses.

As usual raffle to follow the presentation.

I look forward to learning some more about sea horses and the challenges in keeping them. Thanks Liz!

Jacob.

Reefugee
08/09/2005, 04:31 PM
Dude - it's like deja vu *again*. This was the topic at a recent MARS meeting. And then Steve Robinson spoke at an earlier MARS meeting. I guess I will be missing two NVR meetings in a row. If you don't want me to attend the meeting, just tell me.. ;-)

Seriously though - I really enjoyed Liz's speech on seahorses. Sierra (my youngest) loved the seahorse presentation as well.

Minh

rulesmith
08/09/2005, 11:57 PM
I joined NVR at the last meeting. My name is Julie Smith. I was wondering what I do to get into the members only parts of the NVR wep page. Thank you

Bamm Bamm
08/11/2005, 10:01 AM
Hey what do we have for the raffle????=)

mothra
08/11/2005, 10:21 AM
Dan: http://www.nvreefers.org/donationManifest.php

I need to update the database since last months meeting (I know most or all of the live corals have been raffled), but you get the idea. And we have not made the rounds this month yet for donations. But don't worry I'm sure you'll win everything :)

mothra
08/24/2005, 06:02 PM
Just a reminder, the meeting is coming up :)

Bamm Bamm
08/25/2005, 11:41 AM
I have to work till 1:30 so unfortunately I won't be able to make it...

Izsabelle
08/29/2005, 01:42 PM
A big thank you to NVR. Thank you for letting me blab about seahorses, and thank you for the raffle.

My husband and I enjoyed your group, and if you weren't so far away, I think we would beome official members. Your group members are so friendly. I really enjoyed the after meeting conversations.

Bamm Bamm
08/29/2005, 01:46 PM
Man I wish I would've been able to attend everyone said it was a great meeting.. Luckily I got to meet up with Scot, Jacob, Jaccob's better half Sandra=), Jesus and stephan after the meeting. It was a great Post Party=) Thanks again fo the frags Scot thre doing Great!!!

mothra
08/29/2005, 04:20 PM
Liz,

Thank you for coming down and sharing your knowledge of seahorses with us. I'm glad I finally got to see it. I was also glad you and Jason were able to walk away with a bunch of stuff from the raffle :) The groups have been pretty small this summer so it's almost a garauntee that you'll win at least one or two prizes.

Jacob.

Bamm Bamm
08/30/2005, 07:12 PM
"The groups have been pretty small this summer so it's almost a garauntee that you'll win at least one or two prizes."

Unless I show up to the next meeting.. I usually win about 50% of the prizes=) I think I just Jinxed myself though..=)