PDA

View Full Version : Madison Area Reef Society Information

BraenDead
08/08/2005, 09:43 PM
More information regarding the Madison Area Reef Society (Madison, WI) can be found at the club's website at http://www.madisonreef.com

Alternatively, feel free to post any questions in this forum.

Thanks!

Bob Dankert

fishdoc66
08/19/2005, 12:35 PM
Bob,

How do I get info on getting to a meeting. Just found you and live at the north end of Rockford and would only take 45 minutes to get up to Madison.

Drop me a line.

Thanks,

Terry Fairfield

BraenDead
08/19/2005, 12:42 PM
Terry, please take a look at this thread on our website:

http://madisonreef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3436#3436

There is a meeting this Sunday in Janesville. If you plan on coming to the meeting, I would recommend posting in the above thread that you plan to for planning purposes. Otherwise, keep an eye on the MARS website for future meetings.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Bob

Ereefic
08/19/2005, 02:14 PM
No need to respond really for this August meeting, I have a good idea of the numbers already. So just show up if you want to, otherwise, hope to catch you at another meeting.

fishdoc66
08/19/2005, 04:11 PM
This weekends out, wedding anniversary weekend. Try to catch you guys next meeting.

fishdoc66
08/19/2005, 04:14 PM
Do you know anyone that drove up to the Foster and Smith frag swap meet? My middle daughter and I attended and considered it a great weekend.

BraenDead
08/19/2005, 04:30 PM
There were quite a few that were up at the frag swap (though I was not one). There is a thread on this topic as well at the MARS website forum if you wanted to discuss this at all.

Bob

Gawain1974
10/14/2005, 04:25 AM
Hello there...in Madison here.

Oops...posted in wrong thread. Anyways, I'll be checking out the MARS website...I'd really like to get to know some local reefers and go to some meetings.

revenge53142
10/11/2006, 12:14 AM
I grew up in Mad Town
Go Badgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NateEvans
11/07/2006, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a novice to saltwater aquariums and am busy doing my research on how to properly setup and maintain a tank. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any help/advice that anyone would be willing to share. I want to keep things very simple to begin. I'd like to have a 29g tank that will eventually support a few fish and some coral. Alright, on with the setup questions.
1. Is there saltwater aquarium store you like working with in Madison?
2. What brand of on the back filtering system do you recommend?
3. Is a protein skimmer necessary? - I've heard some people swear by them and others say its not important. Also, is a combo filter/protein skimmer a good idea?
4. What brand of powerhead for water movement is best?
5. What sort of lighting system do you recommend? One place recommended an actinic and a power compact.
6. Is there a good place to get live rock here in Madison, or is the internet a better option?

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer . . .

Nate

Slakker
03/25/2007, 12:56 AM
I've just registered at the MARS site...I look forward to having a source for local information/help.

hahnmeister
07/25/2007, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know Kevin Stack? I am trying to get a hold of him since I saw him at F&S... said he was part of MARS.

BraenDead
07/25/2007, 04:18 PM
Sending you a PM.

Bob