PDA

View Full Version : Trigger tank pictures.

jersey
02/16/2002, 01:09 AM
This guy causes a lot of trouble. Triggers are hard on aquascaping. Not to mention water changes. Let's see some tank pics. I need some ideas.

T-T-Trigger
02/16/2002, 09:03 PM
Lots of caves work for me (use BIG rocks:D )

T-T-Trigger
02/16/2002, 09:05 PM
Also Tonga branch rock comes in interesting shapes without having to be stacked. This is my undulated with her sole companion, a jumbo sergeant major. It was very hard to get a photo of them together!

T-T-Trigger
02/16/2002, 09:11 PM
cave

jersey
02/17/2002, 12:09 AM
Nice looking pics. Triggers sure can be difficult to photograph sometimes. Here is an odd looking shot from underneath the tank. I'm in the process of changing my substrate from cc to a modified sand bed. What do you feed your trigger? Mine loves angel formula, shrimp, clams, and anything else.

T-T-Trigger
02/20/2002, 02:24 PM
Well, basically she'll eat anything! But I feed a rotation of silversides soaked in Zoe, frozen Forumla 2 (for her veggies), trigger formula, enriched brine, fresh clams w/ shell (just crack it first). And about once every two weeks live food. Sometimes a goldfish, sometimes a crab, sometimes ghost shrimp.
They LOVE to play with sally lightfoots, it's quite a battle really. Kind of expensive meal though!

fwiw

jersey
02/21/2002, 06:31 AM
Hi T-T-Trigger, ya definitely no problems with feeding. I had a sally in my reef that got big and acquired a taste for my reef fish. After killing a new fire fish I put it in my trigger tank thinking he would make an easy meal of it. I did give the sally a fighting chance by putting her in the tank at night when trigger was sleeping. After about three months of cat and mouse play the trigger finally devoured it. It was very interesting watching the trigger go into hunting/feeding mode. Whenever I put food into the tank he swims so fast he splashes water out of the tank sometimes. Very cool fish to watch. See ya.