PDA

View Full Version : To many for a 90g?

wavetwisters
02/15/2002, 11:28 AM
For my soon to be 90g reef tank I was thinking of stocking it like this: 3 pajama cardinals; 1 cleaner wrasse; 1 dwarf golden morray; a royal gramma; and either a flame angel or a lemon peel. I'll also have a 40g refugium with a live sand bed and culerpa. To much for a reef? Need some info so I don't screw it all up from the get go. I'll be keeping mostly or all soft corrals and polyps.

NasotheHutt
02/15/2002, 12:05 PM
Omit the cleaner wrasse. These should be left on the reef.

darky00
02/15/2002, 12:20 PM
I agree to omit the cleaner wrasse. Other than that, I don't think the tank will be overstocked.

Dan

wavetwisters
02/15/2002, 02:10 PM
Pardon my ignorance but why should the cleaner wrasse be left on the reef?

Ophidia
02/16/2002, 02:20 PM
They seem to have a poor survival rat ein aquaria. I, personally, have never had any trouble, but evidently many do.
Chris

intekhab
02/16/2002, 06:36 PM
You can get cleaner Goby instead (but they are hard to find). Captive sytem simply cannot supply Cleaner Wrasse it's natural diet .

Or, simply get Cleaner Shrimp, works better and survive in our tank :D

JohnL
02/16/2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by wavetwisters
Pardon my ignorance but why should the cleaner wrasse be left on the reef?

Past threads about cleaner wrasses (http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/search.php?action=simplesearch&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&forumchoice=-1&searchdate=-1&titleonly=yes&query=cleaner+wrasse)

hcs3
02/16/2002, 07:10 PM
angels are hit -n- miss in a reef. be prepared to take apart the tank to catch the angel if it is a coral eater. if your not prepared to make that sacrifice, don't add the angel.

morays can also be tricky in a reef. large food requiements and potential in-tank prey...

cleaner wrasses should be avoided, IMO. cleaner gobies are a better choice and are NOT difficult to obtain. ORA has been captive breeding them for sometime now. if your LFS doesn't order from ORA, now is your chance to get them stocking captive bred fish.

otherwise it sounds doable.

HTH

henry