PDA

View Full Version : Keep the kids away from the Mag Float!!!

Bugs825
08/02/2005, 07:20 PM
Well, I thought that I had it somewhat figured out when I showed my son how to use the magnetic algae scraper. It was great! He is 5 and was amazed how the 2 pieces stuck together. He did a great job at keeping the algae under control and all I had to do was scrape the coraline off with a razor. Untill, the other day he decided to try and clean the TV with the MAGNETIC algae scraper. Now we have a purpleish streak across the screen.

Now I have control of the scraper.

Mag Floats are not recommended for kids

:rolleyes:
Nathan

willieboy240
08/02/2005, 07:26 PM
it will go away give it an hour or less.

Phan
08/03/2005, 02:57 AM
alot of newer TV's have an option to "degauss" under the menu or setup or whatever. its for this type thing.

steve

myakkareef
08/03/2005, 06:56 AM
Nathan, sorry toi hear that. Especially when you had a good thing going...So did it go away??

Jiddy
08/03/2005, 06:57 AM
Sorry to hear that man

MrClean
08/03/2005, 11:44 AM
Many will Degauss if you un-plug them and then re-power.

Another problem is if the inner part catches a piece of sand. I've had tanks badly scratched by over-helpful younguns.

wahwoo
08/10/2005, 05:18 AM
nathan,

Your sons a good kid. He seems to like helping a lot. Though he expands his duties too far sometimes. :) Maybe if he likes cleaning glass you could teach him to do your windows. Just make sure he keeps the mag float on the tank and the Windex far away from the corals. Maybe a premature idea.

Thats something I have to do very soon. Child proofing the house, Reef tank, supplies, pool and garage. Maybe you can share some good tips from experience. BTW How many people child proof a garage? That seems like a "No Go Zone" to me. Since we have our computer in there and spend time there the subject has come up.

Bugs825
08/11/2005, 12:40 AM
well the purple area on the TV did go away. Our TV is far too old for a degauss button.:rolleyes: I would be just as happy to have thrown it out to the curb.:D

Dave,

When Tristan was little we closed off areas like the garage and kitchen unless we were in there. Its hard enough keeping them out of trouble in areas that have been "childproofed".

There was once when I had to pop a penny out of him because he could not breath. They can get into things everywhere.

Nathan

benter
08/15/2005, 12:29 PM
My 5 year old just helped on the new tank....and yes...they WILL SCRATCH THE DA__ GLASS...Oh well...that's what kids are for right!!!