PDA

View Full Version : Chalk Bass

skeeters
02/14/2002, 03:54 PM
Anyone have experience with the chalk bass?

I just bought one to go with my clown and longnose hawkfish.

I feed Spiriluna flakes once a day and brine shrimp every two days. I assume he or she will only eat the brine shrimp. Will this suffice?

Thanks in advance....

hcs3
02/14/2002, 04:49 PM
no personal experience...

great fish, good personality, easy temperment.

i am aware of no fish in this hobby that should be fed only brine. it is a nutrionally worthless food. concentrate on mysis, plankton, or any of the prepared frozen foods such as formula 1.

HTH

henry

chopper320
02/14/2002, 06:59 PM
Hey skeeters, I've had one for about 3 months now. I really like him a lot. One thing I've noticed is that he seems to stay in the shade most of the time(must not like bright light). Most of the time he is in view but camping under an overhang or something but sometimes he goes behind the rockwork and is hidden from view.
I feed him a variety of flake foods, a variety of the frozen cube foods, and every now and then I'll put in some enriched brine shrimp.
By the way, if you are buying the brine shrimp frozen and it is enriched it is not necessarily worthless. Brine shrimp by themselves have virtually no nutrition, but I understand if soaked in zoe or something can be a good source occasionally.
I think it is most important to just keep a variety of foods.

HTH
Ricky

skeeters
02/15/2002, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the help!

I will pick up some Zoe and mysis shrimp on the way home.