PDA

View Full Version : my favorite fish (today)

gregr
02/14/2002, 12:24 AM
this fish is so cool- it has never shown any aggression and has never been a hider either. it's a great eater and pretty much is a perfect aquarium fish- no coral nipping (not that i have much coral- just a few mushrooms and that one in the pic, which i do not know what it is- it was in the liverock bin so i figured for a buck fifty i couldn't lose- i had no idea it was going to be such a nice specimin) and it leaves the cleaner shrimp alone. so... fish of the day!
hope you like it-
http://www.gregrothschild.com/wrss24.jpg
greg

sheni_angel
02/14/2002, 01:09 AM
Cool lookin fish and great picture of it! Happy reefing to you...:D

neuroracer
02/14/2002, 10:08 AM
gregr,
as usual your pictures are magnificent... what kind of wrasse is that? I've never been a fan of wrasses but that one is pretty interesting, might have to get one...:cool:

neuroracer

gregr
02/14/2002, 10:13 AM
good morning and thanks!
i've seen it listed as a Carpenter Wrasse or Filament Flasher Wrasse.
it's hard to tell from that picture but it's not very big (another plus in my opinion)- about two inches.
thanks again,
greg

Doug
02/14/2002, 10:29 AM
Hi Greg,

That is an awesome looking fish and an excellent picture also.

Doug

Circa
02/14/2002, 02:04 PM
Yes nice pic, and cool fish.

bahrhoops
02/24/2002, 01:46 PM
Very cool fish Greg!
I'll have to keep that one in mind when I re-stock thanks !
ps. how big do they get when they mature ?
-steve bahr

gregr
02/24/2002, 07:12 PM
i read somewhere (i think it was another thread on RC) that they do not get much bigger than 2 or 3 inches.
wrasses in general are unbelievable in their color/pattern combos. i guess the same can be said for a lot of the different fishes- angels, butterflies, tangs and etc. etc.
greg

fishome25
02/24/2002, 07:16 PM
the coral in the back looks like goniopora. that is an amazing picture, and a great looking fish

LisaP
02/25/2002, 07:55 AM
Greg,

Awww shucks! Please don't post pictures like that...... it just makes me want to drive over to the LFS and see if they have that fish for sale :D. I have to keep repeating to myself no more fish for my tank, no more fish for my tank, no, no, no...........

But hey that is such a fantastic shot of THE most beautiful fish. Great job!! I'm soooo jealous, I want that fish ;)

Regards

Lisa

jciaccio
02/25/2002, 04:14 PM
I think you should take pictures for books and stuff. It is hard to find a marine fish book with such high quality pictures!

gregr
03/01/2002, 12:40 AM
thanks very much jciaccio- i appreiciate that. perhaps someday...
greg

Angel*Fish
03/01/2002, 10:15 AM
While I would have to agree that is a gorgeous photo and a beautiful fish... and I know you said just for one day -- but everybidy knows that your maroon clowns are the prettiest, most photogenic creatures to enter a fish tank AND would probably bite your hand off if they could read this post!

You really should be more careful;)

gregr
03/01/2002, 10:25 AM
hehehehe- i am laughing out loud at that :D
i just told the male and he is telling the female-
and they thank you from the bottoms of their fishy little hearts.
greg

Angel*Fish
03/05/2002, 01:03 PM
lol!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
But see, I was right!:D

Angel*Fish
03/05/2002, 01:04 PM
And she looks #$@! -ed!