PDA

View Full Version : heres my new little buddy.

ghostbear29
07/29/2005, 11:57 PM
of course, hes still quarantined. but you get the point. How many of you guys have these? DO you like em'? I've named him already.... as to before my fiance' gets to him. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/ghostbear29/scooter_blenny.jpg

ghostbear29
07/30/2005, 12:02 AM
as to the photo, i found this is the best one available as fishbase and others have real crappy photos. Hopefully I can snap a "real" photo when hes not in a crap azz qt tank. Went to hectors the other day and had some real fun. Ran into phil and saw his new tank. (lucky bastad) Also got to watch Hec get some new stuff. Great looking ppes. But I didnt have a cam with me to take pics. Like I posted on the other thread. Anyone got a chance to snap some pics of the cool new stuff. go and get it! Gad zooks. I have to step into the new and now and get a freaking camera! Hopefully by the time this little dude is ready to come home.

kscrimshaw
07/30/2005, 08:47 PM
I love my LMB. My son named ours "Salami" !!

bluerrpilot
07/31/2005, 04:10 PM
I had one of those and a red one a couple of years back. We named him "The Rock" cuz he blended pretty good with a rock that we had

ghostbear29
08/02/2005, 11:44 AM
thats great. Well I guess im not so original. Ive said scooter (obvious) and Hector says Fred. "He looks like a fred in my mind!" So I maybe its both. Thanks to Hector and the QT time. Great little fellow. Loves the copepods on the glass. spends a long amount of time on the front area of my tank. Only took 30-45 min. last night to get him acclimated. real decent shape.

Occilated Dragonets "scooter blenny" are great little additions to any tank in my mind.

AriZonaD54
08/26/2005, 03:23 AM
How is your scooter blenny doing? He eating brine or anything of that sort yet?

Smo
08/26/2005, 04:07 PM
This one is my new little buddy. His name is "Nipper", but he's getting better at leaving my open brain alone.
He's not a "Scooter", or LMB, but I think he is an Atrosalarias Fuscus.
Just loves hair algae, bloodworms, and keeping my astraea's shells clean!
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/87677Blennie44small.jpg

ghostbear29
08/28/2005, 10:34 PM
Cool, I thought no one cared for Fred! thanks guys, My occilated is slowly getting to mysis, hates brine but the garlic helps.....sometimes. He doesnt look to thin, but he is now my fav and I want to baby and coddle him. Tried the seapods route but that was a brain hurter in a major way. so I am currently looking for a different vendor of pod type material...Any ideas, shout! Later.

kscrimshaw
08/29/2005, 02:29 PM
My LMB only eats the dried green algae I feed him ~twice a week, along with whatever is growing on the rock. And he is FAT!! Is this normal? Am I hearing that others are eating brine and mysis?

ghostbear29
08/30/2005, 08:39 AM
they are great living algae scrapers. I would almost put them against a Turbo snail. You know when you get that Hair algae in between a few rocks or corals you cant move....The LMB does a magnificant job on that stuff as well. I think Jeasley has one that does a pretty good job, and he likes it as well.