PDA

View Full Version : live rock available - CHEAP!

waterlily
07/28/2005, 08:33 PM
Here's the deal...Hubby decided to have our whole house recarpeted in preparation for the sale of our house. I had expected to have plenty of warning before I needed to dismantle my 75. Instead, I had 1 day. I ended up taking a few of my fish to Fish Safari, transferred my clowns and corals to a 10 gallon tank, and put about 55 pounds of Kaelini live rock in a big trash bin with two powerheads and a heater. Problem: the royal gramma hid in one of the rocks and died. The carpet guys unplugged the heater without my knowledge. Next thing you know, my house starts to smell. I do the most logical thing (or at least I thought it was)...get the stuff out of my house. The trash can was on wheels, but I had to get it over the threshold onto the porch. Hubby wasn't home, but that never stops me from doing anything. Unfortunately, I overestimated my powers and spilled all of the rock and the water all over my front porch. I didn't have time to make up a ton of saltwater separately, so I stuck the hose in the bin, filled it up with freshwater while simultaneously adding salt mix. Now I have all of that rock sitting in a bin and it is not doing too well. It needs a good home soon before it is completely dead. I wanted to wait until I got my new tank (24 gallon Nano-cube) before I sold the rock so that I could pick out which rocks to keep first, but unfortunately, UPS played soccer with it and JBJ is backordered on them. I won't be getting the tank any time soon. I do need someone to take the rock off of my hands.

I'm willing to part with it for $2/pound or best offer.

Tazzed
07/29/2005, 06:01 PM
How much would you recomend for a 35 gallon tank? I will purchase as much as you say is probably needed =)

Thanks

waterlily
07/29/2005, 08:47 PM
Usually 1 pound per gallon. Kaelini is very porous. Are you getting another tank?

Tazzed
07/29/2005, 08:49 PM
I was hoping to get another tank for the mated pair of clowns I had. But right now I cant say much because for some reason my fish are dying and I dont know why =(. I went home from work and found them all on the bottom. =( No clue no idea im at a loss. So I might just end up setting up another tank just for seahorses for the little lady.

Infern0
08/02/2005, 01:49 PM
Found a home for the rock yet? Can't say that'd I'd pay that much for it based on your little story though, but they can't be getting any better as time goes by so it all depends on how bad you need to get rid of it. Let me know.

waterlily
08/07/2005, 08:14 PM
Still available. It's not stinking as much now. If you want to come take a look, let me know. Make me an offer. I'm flexible.

If you buy my house, I'll even throw in the rock for FREE!!! What a bargain! :D

reef10
08/08/2005, 05:46 PM
I could use a few large pieces. I am moving up to a 120 so I am looking for large base pieces. anything in the 10" dimension?

poormanisme
08/10/2005, 07:57 AM
is it still available? i may need 40 or so pounds this weekend.

thanks,
scott