PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - Sump Leaking!

mothra
07/28/2005, 10:00 AM
Ok so last night around 10:00 I found that the water level in my sump was mysteriously low. After thinking about it for a while I just decided to add some more water and check it in the morning, overnight I lost about 3 gallons.

I'm about to go on vacation for a week (leaving Sat morning) I need an acrylic tank/sump NOW. The max dimensions are 17 x 32, I don't care how tall it is. If anybody has anything you're looking to sell please let me know. I'm going to look around for a suitable rubbermade container, but I originally did that a couple years ago and came up empty handed at the local stores.

I don't think I can possibly break the tank down and have it back up over the next 2 days, so I'm going to make the decision whether or not I will even do that at all when I return from vacation. The room is on a slab, so I hope no serious damage is done.

If anyone else is available to assist me I'm taking the day off and would greatly appreciate an extra set of hands.

Jacob.
(209) 351 0027

lanxang
07/28/2005, 10:08 AM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcrazycorals

I think they're the guys from innovativelights.com

mothra
07/28/2005, 10:26 AM
Yeah that's innovative lights. Unfortunately 24" x 20" is too big of a foot print, it won't fit.

ejamsrhere
07/28/2005, 10:57 AM
is the sump acrylic or glass....

It would be faster to drain your sump, dry the problematic area and fix it.

mothra
07/28/2005, 11:07 AM
It's acrylic. The problematic area is one that has been patched up before and is exremely difficult to work on. I'm looking to ditch it at this point. I'm draining it now, going to look for something to replace it afterwards.

mothra
07/28/2005, 12:02 PM
2 hours later... sump is drained and pulled out... I'm now contemplating pulling the bottom out of my stand to see what the damage is.

GreshamH
07/28/2005, 12:04 PM
Would a standard 20g acrylic do? I think I can get a 29g/30g glass with dims closer to what your looking for, if glass is exceptable.

GreshamH
07/28/2005, 12:09 PM
I can bring it to the meeting, but from the sound of it, your not going to be there?

mothra
07/28/2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks Gresham, but I won't be there I'll be on vacation. I have to get something in today, so I'm workin on it...

Bamm Bamm
07/28/2005, 01:04 PM
You pick up a rubbermaidf container to use for the time being(wrap it in duct tape to help with bulging) then figure it out when you get back... Sorry to hear about this..

Jus Reefin
07/28/2005, 04:55 PM
Jacob, LMK if you don't find anything I have an old acrylic sump but not sure of the size until I get home.

mothra
07/28/2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks Rob, let me know about it if you can. A friend picked up a rubbermade for me and brought it over but we decided I need to try and dry my carpets out before doing anything else. Probably tomorrow I'll hook up the rubbermade temporarily and go from there... this really sucks.

mothra
07/28/2005, 11:46 PM
Everyone who called today - thanks for offering your help/support. Stephan - thanks a bunch for coming out to give me a hand, and if nothing else calm me down a little.

The status as of right now is the fans are still blowing, I soaked up a lot of water w/ towels, trying to get everything dry right now. The new bottom for the stand is cut to size and sealed, ready to be put in any time. I got the rubbermade drilled and leak tested, also had to make a base for it as it had some little feet on the bottom, so now the bottom sits flush on 3/4" plywood. Hopefully I'll get everything installed tomorrow as I have to be at the airport at 4:30 AM on Saturday! Will look for a permanent solution when I return, and of course shampoo the carpet.

what a long day...