PDA

View Full Version : My Copperband butterfly will be available

BrianD
02/13/2002, 02:31 PM
In a few months when I set up my larger tank, I will probably have a copperband butterfly that needs a new home. If you have a tank that will support it, and are interested, let me know.

Brian

Audrey
02/14/2002, 10:33 AM
I have been thinking of a copperband for my 125g reef, but have heard mixed results as to thier safety in a reef tank. Corals are expensive and I'd hate to have them picked apart!! But the copperband is supposed to only feed on polyps if underfed........ What do you think?

Audrey

bucaru
02/14/2002, 10:54 AM
I just noticed this and had to reply. I tore down my reef last Sunday and in doing so removed my CBB. I had oringinally added her to remove aiptasia which she did within a 2 week period. I had the same concerns about my various coral that she might take a liking to them if she exhausted the aiptasia & pods. Fortunately I also keep seahorses in a separate system and feed them PE Mysis Shrimp. She didn't know what they were the first few times but after she took one bite, she was hooked. She grew and was a beautiful addition to my reef. I only took her out to revise my reef to be more sps compatible and a fellow seahorse keeper wanted her so she is now residing in her new home. I kept her about 8 months. My reef is 115.

joedelt
02/14/2002, 12:06 PM
if it hasnt found a home yet, i'd be willing to take it as the lone fish in my new 150.

realizing of course that its a long drive to Ill :)

/john

Shia
02/14/2002, 06:53 PM
If noone has bought it I would like to take it off you hands

BrianD
02/14/2002, 10:06 PM
Sorry, the cbb has been spoken for already.

brian