PDA

View Full Version : Queston for the Tucson Folks

JoeMack
07/26/2005, 11:44 PM
First off I would like to check out a shop by Catilina/Harrison. Can anyone point me to a good one? Anyone here with a nice acro tank that would like to show off would be great also.

Second I was pointing my mom towards solar maybe if its anything like California you can get good discounts from the utility people.

Third is water. What kind of setup do you recomend? I can tell them how to build their own, but I dont have my handy TDS meter down here. What micro filters are you using? They don't have a reef tank so they dont need a DI or anything like that so im basically just looking for what types of pre filters you use and what not.

Sorry for the two last OT questions, but I know you guys would know better than the people at home depot.

Thanks guys

ghostbear29
07/27/2005, 01:45 AM
Unfortunately you store selection runs dry in that area. Some of the Reef clubs favs are Oasis tropical and Tropical Oasis fish. Both stores are reputable and work closely with the club. Look them up on the yellow pages as this is a club site and not advertising. sorry. Your second question is huh? Last I checked, solar is still very expensive to run a residence on. Is that what you mean? I could be done but definetly pricey from my point of view. good luck. Also, Any good RO DI setup is just fine. The brand does not matter so much as the membrane that is used. Any one of the LFS can order you a new one if ya need it or you can get wa wa from them for real cheap. As for pre filters, Your on your own. I would assume you mean an inline filter for the main water? HD does have those and they are cheap. though you have to change them out ONCE a year as they get clogged with the mineral content here in tucson. Good luck.

ffjpayne
07/28/2005, 08:41 AM
the solar thing is expensive to get started, but you can get a grant and lower the cost, and if you hook the pannel direct to the power the power company will buy your extra electricity. thats if you dont use battaries.