PDA

View Full Version : New to Reefs

Tazzed
07/26/2005, 11:44 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to say hello to all the hampton roads reef community, I am new to this, learning stages are a bit tough but I think I am on my way to having a decent reef set up. Well just wanted to say hello =)
Take care

Hockeyben51
07/26/2005, 02:22 PM
Welcome Tazzed and I glad you are here w/ us and are joining the leagues of Reef Keeping and also if you EVER need ANYTHING feel free too post, Oh are you coming to the meeting?

jake2045
07/26/2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome! You should try to make it to the reef club meeting at Jeef's.

Tazzed
07/26/2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome I am really excited about this, I really do want to come to the meeting and talk about fish but I might have to pass, its going to be hard to convince my girlfriend to go with me to discuss things like corals and leathers and such. Maybe I can tell her its a tupperware party or something =). Well I lost 2 fish today due to something unknown. I think I am hitting this amonia spike pretty tough right now an suggestions on how to keep it down. I hate to see my new little fishies pass on if there is something I can do to prevent it. please help if you can.

Thanks again!

bigreddog
07/26/2005, 11:50 PM
Been there before. There's plenty of chemicals or absorbants out there but try to resist the temptation. It's a necessary part of the nitrogen cycle. Ride it out with water changes! Test your ammonia level and base how much and how often on the readings.

bigreddog
07/26/2005, 11:52 PM
Oh yeah, welcome to the area!

Try your best to come to the meeting. Trust me, it'll be well worth the time. There's some great people around here and most will be there.