PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in bellevue have a TDS meter?

Mercutio
07/24/2005, 07:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone that goes to PCP has a TDS meter and would test the water against aquapets water. I've never had an algae problem before (with AP's), and after getting their (PCPs) RO, I have both brown and green algae. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, I just wanted to see if anyone else could test it, or noticed that.

pcpets
08/08/2005, 05:34 PM
the r.o./d.i. water was tested on 8/6/05. alkalinity was less than 40 ppm. general hardness was less than 20 ppm. Ph tested at 7.3. ammonia,nitrite,NITRATE,PHOSPHATES,SILICATES,copper and free chlorine all tested (and double tested) and not even a trace of any.
The water tanks are aerated and kept at about 75 degrees. Nitrogen,phosphates, silicates (that feed your algae) also come from fish waste, fish food and airborne pollutants, have you switched foods, or added new fish lately? try testing your tank water or bring some down to me to test.joe @ pcpets

Willie41
08/14/2005, 07:25 PM
Joe thanks for the saltwater. Wondering if you could order B-Ionic Calcium Buffer System. Components 1 & 2 for me from E.S.V. Company. Thanks.....Bill