PDA

View Full Version : Idaho reefers!

titleist
07/24/2005, 01:07 AM
Just registered and am very happy to see some idahoans on this site!

I have been an aquarium owner for 6 mo. 75 gal freshwater cichlid tank for three of them. (rookie)

Tore down and restarting a 29 gal qt tank. bought a 100 gal acrylic W/ wet/ dry and setting up for a reef tank.

Yes, I got rid of the wet/ dry and bought a sump. :rolleyes: A little new to this hobby but have jumped in W/ both feet. (as always) but am taking it slow. Thanks to sites like this and with your help I will get by just fine......

Thanking you in advance for all the help I will get!:bum:

heedicus
07/30/2005, 11:10 AM
Hello Titleist,
I am not sure if you have seen it yet, but I think most of the posting and such happens over at www.idahoreefs.org (the IMAS homepage).
glad you joined the fun!
tren

kgross
07/31/2005, 12:13 AM
tittlest,

So what part of Idaho are you in? Are you in the Treasure Valley?

Kim Gross
Jensalt.com

titleist
08/04/2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks heedicus

I am in Nampa. Still buying equip and live rock. Just talked to a guy and is selling live rock at $2.60 lb including shipping! It is from Haitti... Do you have any info about this kind of rock. I imagine it will be pretty dense but what a deal!

kgross
08/12/2005, 04:44 AM
I have only seen Haitti rock once and to be honest I was not impressed very dense flat slabs. On the deal, it might not be as great of a deal as you think if it is twice as dence as figi rock that you can get for $4 a pound you will have to purchase twice as many pounds which will end up costing you more than the figi.

Kim