PDA

View Full Version : Hermit Crab Special (local only)

Don Davis
02/11/2002, 09:29 PM
I have approximately 25-30 hermit crabs available for $1 each or best offer for anyone interested. I will cut a good deal for anyone willing to take them all. If they aren't gone by this weekend, they will go to the local stores for credit. You can reply to this post of contact me via email at ddavis2121@cox.net. I also have about 50 empty shells if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Don

Don Davis
02/12/2002, 10:57 PM
Nobody is interested in hermit crabs? I can't say that I blame you.:D I also have about 200 #'s of live sand that I need to get rid of if anyone is interested.

Don

OscarBeast
02/12/2002, 11:06 PM
Well, I might like one.

Do they make good scavangers?

I want to keep a turbo snail or two though. Will the hermit murder them for a home?

Don Davis
02/13/2002, 09:26 AM
Hermits are one of the best scanengers. They will eat just about anything. But they will kill snails of similar size if you don't have empty shells for them to move into. I also have about 50 empty shells of various sizes if you would like to try it.

When you say "Turbo" snails, what kind are you referring to? Most fish stores label all their snails "Turbo" because they don't know what kind they really are. The most common turbo snails in fish stores are the mexican turbos, but I would stay away from them. They are rather large and have a tendency to knock rocks and stuff over in the tank. Some stores also sell Astrea and Trochus as turbos, those are good. For a 10 gallon I would recommend a few Nassarius, a few Cerith, and a few Astrea or Trochus snails. The Nassarius will keep the sand clean, the Cerith will keep the sand and glass clean, and Astrea and Trochus are good for glass and rocks.

Later,

Don