PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock

beetlejuice
02/11/2002, 04:48 PM
Does anyone have around 5 lbs of some nice live rock (coralline covered etc.)? I would like to build a little desktop reef and need to get some rock.

Pyrojon
02/12/2002, 01:06 PM
I might have some rock I could part with, all completly covered with some nice mushrooms. (I think you got some at the NEAQ meeting)

My reef is being overrun with mushrooms so I am concidering just tossing some of the rock and replacing it with new rock.

It may take me a few weeks till I am able to remove the old rock, if you can wait and you are intrested let me know, maybe we can work something out.

Jon

beetlejuice
02/12/2002, 02:04 PM
Hey Jon,
Thanks a lot. Covered with mushrooms is even better. By the way, the bright green ones i got from u opened up right away and look great. How much rock are u talking about removing from your tank and what are u looking to get for it money wise? I can wait a few weeks, thats fine. I want to set up a little 3 or 4 gallon desktop reef and if I decide not to I could definately use the rock for my 10 gallon.

Pyrojon
02/12/2002, 03:51 PM
Glad you like the mushrooms. How is everything else? I seem to remember you got some other colors as well.

I don't know what I would want to get.

I am planning on building an in tank refugium maybe I can offset the cost of the acrylic with the rock. :)

btw, anyone know of a good local plastics supplier, the one I used to go to in Somerville closed.

Jon

beetlejuice
02/12/2002, 03:58 PM
The other mushrooms are doing good. Like I said I would need like five pounds, so what would u want for that?

Pyrojon
02/12/2002, 04:05 PM
Lemmie go through and see what I want to keep and what I want to remove, then I will know how much I have to give and I can better decide. I can't do this till I get the new refugium built, which might not be for a week or more. (I need to make room for the refugium)

Don't worry, it will be cheaper then you could buy cheap almost dead rock at any LFS. :)

beetlejuice
02/12/2002, 05:44 PM
Ok, sounds good. I'm looking for around 5 lbs., preferably a few pieces as opposed to smaller ones but let me know whatever u have. Thanks.