PDA

View Full Version : July Meeting! plus... lord frags

bigreddog
07/19/2005, 03:57 PM
Finally, we have a guaranteed host!

I spoke with Jeff, aka Reef Chief, this afternoon and he would like to host the July meeting at his house on Saturday the 30th. He would like a head count of how many people are interested and will be there so he can get things ready.

He is also fragging several large Acan lord colonies this week for some sort of give-away he is working on. They are nice healthy colonies of several different color morphs. I'll be sure to let everyone know more details when I find out.

WBrian
07/20/2005, 05:34 AM
I am definitely interested in attending. My wife may join me as well. I'm thinking of asking him to get me 2 fish. maybe I can arrange to get them then, too...

What exactly is an acan? (edit: nevermind, I found them on google!)

Thanks all!
Brian

jacob30
07/20/2005, 05:39 AM
I am in as long as I do not have to work. Do we need to bring anything? Thanks.

Jacob

jake2045
07/20/2005, 05:59 AM
I'm in putting in for vacation now!

sneeyatch
07/20/2005, 08:17 AM
i'm ready - it'll be my first meeting :) what time?

Hockeyben51
07/20/2005, 08:30 AM
i'm interested

ecdez
07/20/2005, 09:35 AM
What time? I should be able to make it.

waterlily
07/20/2005, 03:47 PM
I'm going to have to sit this one out...got a Hilary Duff concert to go to (my 10 year old is crazy about her).

bigreddog
07/20/2005, 09:55 PM
Glad to see some interest. I talked to Jeff tonight, the meeting starts at noon and goes until whenever.

sneeyatch
07/21/2005, 06:57 AM
sweet - let us know if there is anything we need to bring

theslimOne
07/21/2005, 04:36 PM
I would also be interested. I just moved here and am fixing to setup my tank again

concon
07/21/2005, 04:38 PM
I would love to attend. I just need directions!

lmattix
07/21/2005, 08:46 PM
I am interested in attending. I can see Jeff's stuff too. Yeah.

fantasticfish
07/21/2005, 08:57 PM
maybe I can go! This would be exciting talking with all these experts lol.

twokayaks
07/21/2005, 09:09 PM
Count me and Sabrina in!

The Shrimp X
07/21/2005, 11:45 PM
My dad and I are in!!! just need directions.

how about a frag thread>

The Shrimp X
07/21/2005, 11:51 PM
forgot to ask, anythingyou want us to bring?

ballinnmiami
07/23/2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by concon
I would love to attend. I just need directions!

what he said........

bigreddog
07/23/2005, 10:54 PM
I think this is the easiest way to give everyone directions. Below is a link to mapquest showing the address. From there you should be able to get directions. If you still need help with directions just let me know.

Mapquest showing Jeff's house (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=697%20Masefield%20Cir&city=Virginia%20Beach&state=VA&zipcode=23452%2d1908&searchtab=home)

theslimOne
07/26/2005, 10:43 AM
WOw, the guy lives like 1/4 mile from me and I didnt know it

bigreddog
07/26/2005, 11:54 PM
I talked with Jeff about what people should bring. He's keeping it simple for us, drinks and ice. He's got everything else covered.

ydolt
07/27/2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks for invite, i am new to the area, my first meeting, very excited, will defenitly come. thank you for directions link as well, Yulia

captainsafari
07/27/2005, 03:50 PM
Hey im in. i can bring some lord also. hey big red dog who are you have i met you in the store before? i can bring drinks?
SEE YA Leroy

The Shrimp X
07/27/2005, 04:43 PM
Now i wish that i had rarer stuff to trade, i would like some acans, oh well i will live, maybe when the hpe goes down i can get some, lol.

My dad said we will be nringing some beer and pop. Any preferences on pop?

The Shrimp X
07/29/2005, 10:59 PM
Ok i have directions to the meeting, but my dad would like a number that we can call incase we get lost (though it doesnt sound to hard to find it)

sneeyatch
07/30/2005, 07:59 PM
i just wanted to take this time to thank jeff for hosting the meeting. he opened his home to quite a few people today, and probably made some good money too :D .

anyway, i met a bunch of cool people, had a great time, and am looking forward to the next one.

hope everyone had a good time!

i had to leave early (before the drawing). looking at what was available for the drawing, i betcha some folks left with some really nice stuff!

thanks again!

jake2045
07/30/2005, 08:29 PM
I just got back from the meeting and must say it has been the best one!There was a lot of nice frags and tons of corals. The drawing corals where to die for! I will host the Sept. meeting at my house with door prizes as well.I look forward to see everyone on the board and at Cliff's meeting next month. I for one am glad that everyone came out. will post some picture of the corals I got in the morning when the halides come on.
Thanks Jeff for a GREAT meeting!

Tazzed
07/30/2005, 08:38 PM
Had a great time today, Picked up a lot of cleaners there and a bunch of other things that I KKNOW I shouldnt have right now. I have given up on fish now its all about a nice looking tank with lots of snails.

Thanks for having us Jeff!

I am sure I will be there next week to finish off my package =)

bigreddog
07/30/2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks go to Jeff, that was an awesome meeting! I'm glad I finally got to meet many of you and put faces with names. More than 40 people came and it was nice to add some new blood to the group. We've got a great bunch of people in the area and the makings of a great club. Let's keep it going next month at my house. I'm shooting for the 20th if that's okay with everyone.

I'm sorry I missed out on swapping frags this time. Everyone that brought frags had some nice stuff to swap. Hopefully I'll have some frags of my own ready to swap by next meeting. I'm also going to work with Jake and Jeff to put together a "portable" frag tank for everyone to display their frags in at future meetings.

BTW, congratulations to the free drawing winners! WBrian (Brian) won the sweet 5 polyp frag of lords, Mscott203 (Yulia) won the fat neon green trachyphyllia, and twokayaks (Gil) won the nice colony of red tonga mushrooms.

The Shrimp X
07/30/2005, 10:20 PM
That was an amazing meeting, i am happy i got to meet everyone!!! Thanks Jeff for all your help, and for hosting the meeting!! I will definately be there next month.

All the stuff i got ( deresa clam, zoos, and ricordea) are happy. I plan to have some more monti frags for the next meeting.

WBrian
07/31/2005, 12:41 AM
Well, this was our first meeting. We had a blast! We met some very cool people, and had a real nice time. we went planning on buying a pink tipped anemone, and that was it.
Well, next thing I know, my wife has bought a clam, too.
...Then I decided on a Beautiful piece of green Trachophyllia (sp??).

Normally that would have been way above and beyond for us. But one of the swappers who attended had this nice little frag of green star polyp, well, how could I let that get away??

So I left the meeting a little after 5PM, with a veritable motherlode of coolness. And then a couple hours later I get a phone call that I won the Lord Acan! How great can a day be??

My thanks to Jeff for having us over. And my thanks to the members of the club for forming it. I am lewarning more each day about this little obsession of mine!

I can't wait to get that Lord into my tank! It was very nice to meet you all, too!

Thanks again,
Brian

Mscott203
07/31/2005, 12:21 PM
Well, Yulia and I had such an incredible day hanging out with all of you. We have been anxious to meet you all after having read these forums for so long. We learned so much just talking with everyone, and are thankful to have made some new friends who share the same passion for this hobby.
Thanks so much Jeff for hosting the meeting too. We were so thoroughly impressed with your collection as well as your unending patience with so many people all coming at you at once with questions and purchases.
What a great day it was.
then.... on top of an awesome day already, to find out we won the trachophilia in the drawing..... Does it get any better than that!!! Thanks so much Jeff for having the drawing, We cant wait to get that guy into our tank..
Here are some pictures of our new stuff as well as a full tank shot of the waiting home of our new trachophilia
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/mscott203/IMG_0290.jpg
Full tank with New clam and new bubble coral
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/mscott203/IMG_0289.jpg
bubble doing well in new home
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/mscott203/IMG_0288.jpg
and Clam in new home