PDA

View Full Version : road runner commercial?

dmorel
02/11/2002, 03:19 PM
I don't have cable, so I haven't seen it, but a coworker who was looking at my tank this weekend said they saw a road runner commercial with a guy with a really nice reef talking about how great it was to look up info online.
Is this one of you guys?

Playfair
02/11/2002, 03:56 PM
I heard about this commercial also, apparantly they even showed a full tank shot for a few secs...

The guys name was "Armando" or something like that.

cperson
02/11/2002, 04:16 PM
I've seen the commercial several times. Armando's tank looks like a 120 FOWLR. Maybe 6-8 fish, maybe 50 lbs of rock, some xenia and a few mushrooms, etc. that could be hitchhikers. Looks like he either just set it up or is in the process of converting from FO. Not impressive in relative to URS reefs.

Gary Majchrzak
02/12/2002, 01:45 AM
Armando,I think your reef is nice.It has been seen by tens of thousands of television viewers.I think it would greatly benefit your reef if you were to purchase some of our Upstate Reef Society CAPTIVE-RAISED frags and attend some future club get-togethers.It appears that your fish could use a helping of VIBRA-GRO as well! Sincerely, Gary :wavehand:

ReeferMac
02/12/2002, 06:18 AM
LOL... I'll be no where's near as nice as Gary... that Tank looked like ***.

Not that I wouldn't welcome another member to the club... but there was NOTHING in there.. Craig nailed it, couple Xenia, and some fish. That's it. Color was all off in the commercial (white's were all blown out), and it wasn't interesting at all. I 'spose the average monkey out there know's no better, and we're all spoiled rotten little reef-brats, but then again, there was a reason I didn't go into marketing.

- Mac

cperson
02/12/2002, 12:26 PM
I think Gary has the correct response or approach. We shouldn't say negative stuff, especially to a potential new member, one that's got TV exposure non the less!. I know my tank looked about half as interesting as Armando's before I met Dave and got involved in the club 2 years ago. :D
Kevin, you have a good point about the lighting in that commercial - not optimized for reef tank viewing. All washed out, way overexposed.:dance:

Playfair
02/13/2002, 09:08 AM
Armando! Armando! Wherefore art thow!

This is too funny... The 2 "reef deprived" friends that independently told me about the commercial said the tank was INCREDIBLE! lol

RudeBoy
02/13/2002, 09:34 PM
The commercial didn't do the tank justice in the 'color' department. The L.R. didn't appear to have any life on it at all. BUT hell, it's 4 times bigger than mine so I can't put it down. It'd be great to meet this guy!!! :beer: BTW, Dave, thanks for the frags this past weekend, they're doin' GREAT!