PDA

View Full Version : From KC area

jimfish44
02/10/2002, 01:41 PM
Hello,

I live in Lees Summit which is about 20 miles east of Kansas City.
I am brand new to the hobby and have not yet selected my Tank or equipment. I keep seeing posts about Saltwater City in Clayton (not sure where that is). Is this a good place to look for equipment and live rock?
Are there any other places I can go to?

Thanks for your help....
Jim

jimfish44
02/10/2002, 07:01 PM
Thanks for post and links..
Blue Springs is right up the road so I'll see if I can find the store.
After I buy my Tank, I'll check back here for advice on the type of equipment I should get.

Thanks again
Jim

siler
02/13/2002, 04:07 PM
I was wondering if you could post directions to Saltwater City I live in St.louis and was not aware we got a new store. Thanks in advance.

wickerj
02/13/2002, 04:25 PM
You may try Mission Pet Mart in Mission, KS. They had a few nice tanks on sale.
Jeff

duchessandstar
02/13/2002, 05:21 PM
some other lfs in the kc area include Waldo Pets (it's huge....has a large selection) on Wornall Dr; Overland Park Pets on the corner of 95th and Quivera (basically by the toys r us store); there's also a fish store in blue springs mall called Brother's pets (?)....it used to be a good lfs but when i went there a couple of months ago, the store was filty and some of the corals were dying from a nearby anemone. :(

in lawrence, we have jayhawk tropical fish and pet world.

good luck!!

siler
02/14/2002, 08:08 AM
Thanks, I will have to give it a try.
Siler

JBIT
02/16/2002, 12:08 AM
Hi Jim
I just bought a tank up at Tropical Fish Cove in Independence. I was all over town looking and they had the best prices and they gave pretty good service.

JBIT
02/16/2002, 12:23 AM
BTW Jim, there are several KC area people that frequent this board:

http://w3page.com/fishline/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=3c497cace513ffff

Check out the Trading Post there, there is a guy selling his reef setup. You might find something you are looking for from him.

MickO
02/08/2003, 12:18 AM
Seems like a lot of KC folks have migrated to http://www.fishheads.org/ nowadays...

wickerj
02/08/2003, 01:41 AM
Two good new LFS are Fish World in Blue Springs - Just there today. and The Reef House in midtown KC MO.

You should check them out.

Jeff