PDA

View Full Version : Some better pictures

dmorel
02/09/2002, 08:13 PM
OK,
I was embarresed by that pic in the water thread so I did what I could with the mavica this afternoon and put the results up:

Here... (http://www.morelweb.com/reef/tank1.htm)

Couple of shots feature frags from the last USR meeting and there are a few good looks at the torch that came from todd's colony. It's starting to look better now. I got this one from brad a little over a week ago.

thanks for the shameless self promotion.
-david

ToddsReef
02/10/2002, 12:43 AM
Very cool pics. For a second I forgot you had a FO as well and I thought that queen trigger was in your reef :) How are you doing with heat with the halides?

dmorel
02/10/2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by ToddsReef
Very cool pics. For a second I forgot you had a FO as well and I thought that queen trigger was in your reef :) How are you doing with heat with the halides?

Definitely getting some heat from the lights where I was not before. I was keeping my tank around 81 anyway, but I did notice just yesterday in fact that temp was creeping up into the 82-83 range. What's strange is I have not seen it do that before, and I have been checking a few times a day for the last week. I will keep my eye on it for the next few days and see what happens.

I will most likely have to come up with something better for top off too if I have to put a fan on there. Right now I just use a 5 gal bucket with airline hose and an airline adjustment valve. I think I will have to move to something with a float pretty soon.

Still waiting for my torch to look like yours :)
-david

Gary Majchrzak
02/10/2002, 06:03 PM
You told me to check it out at the shop when I ran into you and I did- Real nice reef! Emperor snapper is waycool too! Gary with the long last name! :smokin:

ReeferMac
02/11/2002, 07:37 AM
Nice pics Dave,

That an LT Anemone I saw on the left side? Better give it some breathing room... Sucker's gonna get huge!

- Mac

dmorel
02/11/2002, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the nice words guys, and for those not saying something because that's better then saying something that isn't nice, thank you too :)

That is an LT, and it sometimes opens a lot bigger then in those pictures. Time will tell I guess how big it will get. I hear what your saying about making some room, for now, I hope to get away with it for a while, but there is a fair amount of stuff that could be moved around if it had to be in that corner of the tank.
It hasn't moved from that spot since it settled in, so provided I don't muck around too much it should stay put, which makes things WAY easier.

Todd, I believe that is a clown trigger.
Gary, that snapper is available, he will get bigger and bigger and bigger...

-david

ToddsReef
02/11/2002, 04:42 PM
My bad;) Very cool nonetheless.