PDA

View Full Version : Mag Float Modification

cerreta
07/12/2005, 12:44 AM
Does anyone have a Mag Float magnet cleaner they are willing to donate. I want to experiment with it by replacing the magnets with a stronger type. If I am able to open the casing of the Mag Float, I should be able to upgrade the magnets with a similar type of magnet used in the Algae-Free cleaners.

Of course, if I am successful, you will get it back with super powers, but if I botch it up, then consider it donated. I just want to experiment.

I currently use an Algae-free magnet cleaner ($60) and it absolutely rocks! It is the best investment I have ever made for the tank. The glass is always clean, and it works much better than any other wimpy magnet cleaner I have tried.

ghostbear29
07/12/2005, 01:01 PM
I got one. Lemme know how to get it to ya. And if ya need help. This sounds cool.

cerreta
07/12/2005, 01:04 PM
You can mail it to me, or I can ask Zach if he will hold it for me to pick up.

cerreta
07/13/2005, 07:25 AM
Jeff, you can drop it off at Zachs, he said he would hold it. Or send me a PM and I will foward my mailing address.

ghostbear29
07/16/2005, 11:08 PM
What no kiss? What a rip off. J/K I will try to swing by this weekend and drop it off. Plus if you break it I can talk my sweetheart into a newer better one. Good luck.

cerreta
07/17/2005, 10:10 AM
No kiss for you Parvin! hehehe. . . I know things
I'll pick it up this weekend

ghostbear29
07/19/2005, 10:51 PM
you shall die for that. Never release my secret agent name~!~~