PDA

View Full Version : We're getting incestuous now

Agu
07/11/2005, 09:31 PM
Did a swap with Jim lately. Orange zoas for green nepthea, we're both happy with the trade. Turns out both original corals came from Brians coral farm.

:lol:

sandman12
07/11/2005, 10:00 PM
I have those same orange zoas, I love the color.

multi striped 12
07/11/2005, 11:16 PM
That really is the nice thing about this hobby we are not taking more from the wild stocks and all happy about it.....

myakkareef
07/12/2005, 10:41 AM
AGU, help me out..The Frogspawn I recieved from you did wonderful the first few days. I got it mounted to a nice piece of rock, after that it was extending its tenticles....But since it has declined its health. I have since moved it to a low light shaded area and it still does not seem happy. This is not the first frogspawn that has not done well in my tank. I have other LPS that do great, but is there something special about the Frogspawn that I need to know????

Agu
07/12/2005, 01:30 PM
How's the flow ?

Is it possible your angel is nipping at it ? I know that was Jerrys problem.

You might try moving it to your refugium. The lower flow/light and nutrients might help it recover. As I recall you have a PC on the fuge so if you should be able to try it there. If it recovers it's not a water problem.

myakkareef
07/12/2005, 02:36 PM
Could very well be a fish problem...I will move it down and se what happens...funny no one bothers the torch or hammer. Must be the color of the tips on the Frogspawn...If it comes back I will trade it back in for something else...Thanks

jerrymlr1
07/12/2005, 05:08 PM
Fish problem? No way! :D Sit around the tank for a while and see if you notice that Majestic nipppng at it. That Majestic of mine closed up every one of my frosspawn and hammers. Might want to put the FS in the refugium before the fish starts to get into the habit of nipping and starts to go after that beautiful torch if that's the pproblem.
Jerry

Agu
07/12/2005, 09:08 PM
Actually Scotts frag came from me by way of Jerry :lol: . It's still all in the family...........

myakkareef
07/13/2005, 07:04 AM
I really am not concerned about my Majestic...I watched last night for along time and never did I see him bother the FS...Remeber my majestic has been in the tank for well over 7 years...I am not saying it has never nipped, every fish I have nip every now and again..It really seems as though it is something with me and FrogSpawns...

Agu
07/14/2005, 06:03 PM
So did you move it to the fuge ?

myakkareef
07/15/2005, 02:25 PM
Actuallyyyy, no...I have relocated into a nice cave atmosphere. It appeared to like this enviroment but only has been there a day...
I will give this a chance first. It it has no change by the weekend it wil be fuge bound....

jerrymlr1
07/15/2005, 03:58 PM
I'll bet that pesky torch is reaching over and stinging it every time you're not looking. You might want bto get rid of it to save your tank.:D

myakkareef
07/16/2005, 06:58 PM
Jerry, hope things are going well with your tank, how is everything handling the new ligting? Did you get the new tank yet? After you get all the new setup maybe we will be able to Frag that "Pesky Torch"....

jerrymlr1
07/16/2005, 07:12 PM
Bought the tank. Preparing everything now. We've got low-iron glass on the front and looking forward to it. Lot of work left though. I'm going to have everything automated. It'll be nice to get the humidity and heat out of the house. I'd say another 3 weeks tops. I'll pay top $ for a frag of that beautiful torch too.:)
Jerry

Agu
07/16/2005, 08:57 PM
Scott,

Just so you know I provide safe haven to pesky torch corals. I'll even bring the dremel and epoxy for mounting.