PDA

View Full Version : Long Tentacle and Goni

Mikey
12/28/1999, 02:41 PM
I'm normally a silent reader of this board, but thought I'd post after reading Christines thread about the open brain death and a goni thread a while back. I've been reefkeeping just under three years now. Six months into it I came across a lfs going outta buisness (1/2 off evrything). I made a few purchases (lg. goni, lg. bubble) and one happened to be a long tentacle with a pair of saddlebacks in it. I'm happy to say all are alive and healthy today. The long tentacle and clowns found a spot(bottom left) shortly after intro to the tank (55g) and stayed there until a few weeks ago when they moved to the bottom center and seem happy there now.
The goni has pumped out about twenty buds over the last year or so. Some buds were given away and some are growing in the 55g. The goni seems to be a bit in decline now after previous growth and so many babies (a couple holes or bare spots and a bit of recession from the bottom up). I quit feeding greenwater about 8 months ago or so when my culture crashed and i never got a new one going. I've just ordered a few of the pastes from the brine shrimp place. This should help out the goni/tank in the months to come.
The bubble has doubled its size growing over its base onto a homemade rock. Expansion is about 11'' by 9'' daily.
Lighting was NO for the first year (triton/blue moon) and is now 2 VHO. Tank was skimmed the first year with a skilter now there is none. I guess the skilter amounts to none compared to most skimming practices i've seen. Water changes have been sporadic 5g a month but have tried to increase some lately. I'm a lazy reefkeeper at times! I dont use kalk. I use mostly seachem supplements. I've used carbon a few times for short periods (1 week). The 55 was plumbed to a 20g with a plenum about a year ago also. I keep other tanks but this was my first and favorite. :) I'll post some pics when i get around to scanning them.

Aquaman
12/28/1999, 04:32 PM
Sounds like you have found a healthy goni, and anemone. How much greenwater were you using.
Let us know if your goni stops receding with the paste you ordered.

------------------
Teach what you have known for years as if you learned it yesterday,
Teach what you learned yesterday as if you have known it all you life.
Life is short so Reef Hard

www.magicnet.net/~jwhite/aquamans.html (http://www.magicnet.net/~jwhite/aquamans.html)

Larry M
12/28/1999, 04:35 PM
Mikey--Do you mind if I move this to the new forum? It's your choice.

------------------
Larry M

My Personal Site, Northern Reef (http://www.homestead.com/larry_reef/index.html)

Mikey
12/28/1999, 04:56 PM
I dont mind a bit. Move it! ;)