PDA

View Full Version : mad at this wind...

dogfacepuffer
07/09/2005, 02:33 PM
Not having a good time with this wind. I know, I know it could be so much worse, but...
My canopy has just about collapsed on top of itself. Luckily, Brent brought the plants that were under it in last night.
And I just took my dog out to see that one of our baby birds has died. It was on the driveway. So, I looked in the nest, and the other two were gone too. Then I saw my dog totally sniffing in a tree, and there was one of the babies. Seems that the mother bird moved them down to the ground in some tall grass that was around the tree. I went to get Red (the dog), and two grown birds were on the roof totally squaking at me. So, at least one is still alive, but I don't know for how long. I don't even know what kind it is, but it was so sweet to see them in the nest. And now it is empty.
Okay, I guess my rant is over. For now...

dogfacepuffer
07/10/2005, 12:07 PM
Well, it's the next day and my attitude is better. Ray put the birds back in the nest. And my dog Red is getting dive-bombed when he goes in the front yard, so he'll be a backyard dog for awhile I guess. Let everything calm down.
My canopy is a loss though. I guess I'll be thinking of something else a little more wind proof to put in my back yard. I'm thinking pond, Brent's thinking shark pool!
Did the wind have an effect on any one else? Am I the only cry baby?

jobryan26
07/10/2005, 05:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your canopy getting torn down by the wind. It did get alittle windy here but there is nothing but limbs laying around and since I'm in an apartment someone else has to clean it up. For once I'm actually happy that I don't own a place here. :)

If you all decided to put up another canopy and need a hand let me know. BTW: Did Brent get that 200gal tank?
:D

dogfacepuffer
07/11/2005, 01:52 AM
I'm going to lay a brick patio and put an umbrella in the table. No more canopy for me. But that's okay.
No, Brent doesn't have that 200 yet. He has to wait until the guy sells his house. And, I'm not sure he's talked to Ken lately.

jobryan26
07/13/2005, 07:10 PM
Hum thought I had replied....guess not. The brick patio sounds really nice and it will be much harder for the wind to blow that away.;)