PDA

View Full Version : July meeting suggestions......

ghostbear29
07/05/2005, 11:23 PM
Hope everybody had a good 4th. I am totally sunburned. anyway, its that time again, we need to plan for july's meeting. Give me some dates that will work and times. Or food prefrence. Cheap and good always works. I will tally the dates and come up with an answer. the end of the month will be upon us soon.:)

ffjpayne
07/05/2005, 11:38 PM
saturdays will work for me this month i am going to haz-tech class and will be working 8-5 so the weekends are free. jason, and dont worry jeff i got a phone list from jon

phenom5
07/06/2005, 12:40 AM
can do Weds/ Thurs evenings...but i'm probably the only one. someday i'll make a meeting...someday.

Roll221
07/06/2005, 08:09 AM
Again, us guys from Sierra Vista will try and get up there. I will be in Cancun from the 16th - 23rd so I hope in is the last week in July. Of course it would have to be on a weekend for us to make it.

Ed

Roll221
07/06/2005, 08:15 AM
Oh, forgot, we could host it here if you all wanted to drive south?

Ed

jeasley
07/06/2005, 09:02 AM
I am up for a drive this month.

ghostbear29
07/06/2005, 10:30 PM
hey john did some of the other guys get some phone lists? jason and who else. thanks if ya did. Just FYI the meetings will always be on the weekend if we can help it. It just makes sense. Besides, thats when the significant other lets us out to play. The end of the month would be ok though we will have to get more input. As for the drive south, only if more than 2 people willing to go. NO offense to our reef brothers down south but last month was pathetic. lets really get a good turn out and see ALL the faces so we can meet up with each other. Lookin good yall.

jeff

jeasley
07/07/2005, 10:06 AM
i gave out a few of the phone lists on sunday

Satori
07/07/2005, 11:00 PM
I would like to come. My wife is in TMC, and I've been staying in Tucson for the last 2 weeks or so. If she's still there at the end of July or whenever the meeting is, I'll have a short drive and a nice getaway from the hospital for a couple of hours. However, if all goes well, she may be able to come home in a couple of weeks, in which case I would stay in SV with her.

I guess that brings up a point. Since I'm in Tuscon, maybe I could see a couple tanks on Sunday?

Thanks,
Mike

ghostbear29
07/08/2005, 12:14 AM
uh,ok, just hope your wife is doing better. Sorry to hear that. I was thinking of this resturant over on 6th and 4th. I hear it has a 700+gal tank in there and good sandwiches to boot. Tom knows more about it.....So I will get some info. What do you think about that? Or we can have another chinese session. Whatever works for me. Sundays would be good since we did two saturdays in a row. Also, I think the better half has planned a weekend out to San Diego for me. So I will double check on that date as well.

Satori
07/08/2005, 03:11 AM
Cool, let me know about the resteraunt.

ghostbear29
07/08/2005, 08:35 PM
I think its called the bumstead? If Im wrong, correct me. Hector says its across from the Dairy Queen. I plan on visiting this weekend for a scope out. I'll let you know what I find.

owsi
07/09/2005, 09:20 PM
Sierra Vista would be a worthwhile trip, they have some great reefs. Great group there, we did a tank tour the time I went there, Van also cme down from Phoenix.

ghostbear29
07/17/2005, 09:41 PM
well no one has chimed in with their opinions. Owsi would like to go to Sierra Vista....Anyone else? I will be out of town this next saturday to tuesday. Going to see the parents out in Pacific Beach. I will try to get some pics while im out there. If we do decide on a sierra vista trip.....I hope one of the sv ers can help plan and organize. Any takers? Also, whos got a van to haul all of us down there?

Roll221
07/23/2005, 07:43 PM
I just got back from the Florida Keys, will have diving pics soon. I am game to host if there is any interest in you guys coming down here.
Ed

ghostbear29
07/24/2005, 01:29 PM
thanks ed, Im in PB right now, the weather is 76 degrees and slightly overcast. wave sets are perfect and its not too crowded. Suckers! I will try to get some pics if I get a chance. Anyone know of reef stores out here in San Diego? try to make it close to the beaches. I hate riding in cars for too long. Anyway, we might just make it an early Aug. meeting since so many people are out of town and we need to plan on going to Sierra Vista. Anyone got a van we can all carousel down in?

Roll221
07/28/2005, 11:02 PM
They just posted the date of the Prop aucton so I will be going to Pheonix next Saturday. If you guys agree we can setup a meeting here in Sierra Vista on the 13th?

Ed

Roll221
07/31/2005, 11:24 AM
OK, is anyone interested in even having a meeting?? I bet if I said there would be free beer someone would speak up :) Seriously if we just set a date, time and place then whoever shows up shows up! What do you think Jeff?

Ed

ghostbear29
08/02/2005, 11:52 AM
ah, hell. lets do it. Kids ok also...Im sure some of the "parents" would want to know. Also, I will forward the contact list to you sierra vistans. I know I forgot!!!!! Anyway, I need to get down there and see whats up anyway. Would love to see you guys. Sounds great. I would like to go before the end of the month. Ive got school and its gonna be tight with the house and all...

jeasley
08/05/2005, 08:41 AM
Sounds good to me. I will be out of town the 20th-28th of august but any other weekend is good. Of course I need it to be saturday. The 13th is great for me. That is the middle of a long weekend vacation for me.

Roll221
08/07/2005, 12:54 AM
If I am reading all this right, looks like we are all getting together down here in Sierra Vista on the 13th? I will host at my house and we can chat, eat and drink and then run around Sierra Vista and check out the other tanks in town. Sorry I did not reply earlier but I was in Pheonix today at the Prop auction. Another successful day up there. They are such a great group of people and always have a great time. I took my semi reef interested wife with me today and I think she even had a good time. Let me know what you all think. I still have a few frags left and will do a door prize. If any one else has anything to sell or trade, we could turn this into a frag/club meeting.

Ed

jeasley
08/07/2005, 07:41 AM
Sounds fair to me!

Roll221
08/07/2005, 11:18 PM
ok, I am going to start a new thread and set this up. I talked to some other guys here in town and they would be glad to show their tanks.

Ed

ghostbear29
08/12/2005, 11:35 AM
thanks for driving john. Ed, were in! Im also gonna get some food if ya need it let us know.