PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Closed loop

TeresaQ
07/05/2005, 04:58 PM
Hi, does anyone have instructions or know how to make a closed loop for a 150 gal. I have one set, but they are very confusing?? I know i'm pretty dumb:mixed:
I am setting up a 150 gal, with a 55 gal sump, fuge, but need more flow, so it was suggested to use a closed loop system.
The instructions i have are pretty good, but not sure about pump being outside of tank????
Can anyone advise please.
I am still in the research stage, trying to get everything together before i set it up.

benter
07/05/2005, 05:58 PM
teresa..i think I suggested to you on the other forum to do this..where in cape coral do you live...If i could figure out how to post pic's here I could show you mine..Very simple...I made a spraybar for the top of my 125 though..1 " pvc with 10 spray nozzles...4 of the 10 are fed by my mag 12 return pump, and the other 6 are fed from a little giant 4mdq-sx I believe...total of about 2500 gph...the suction part of the pump is really simple... I ran A piece of 1" pvc,(clear), with a cap an the bottom..drilled 1/4" holes all over the place, at the top have a clear pvc 90, going over the top of the tank, directly to a tee, with one side oriented down to the pump..the other side of the tee goes up, and has a 5" piece of pvc with a threaded cap on top, used for priming the pump..then where the tee goes down ran another peiece of pvc, and used some flexible tubing, 1 5/8 o.d.-1 1/4" i.d., and hooked that to the suctionof the pump...what you do with the discharge would be up to you , if you don't have the spraybar...You could just go up and pver with maybe 4 pvc 90's...if you are interested and this doesn't make since to you ..let me know and maybe you could just stop by and get some ideas for yourself..I am on vacation the rest of this week and live right by the midpoint bridge....anyway let me know...thanks... Ben oh yeah ..if you would like you could email me @ bterry@swfla.rr.com....

TeresaQ
07/05/2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks, I think i am getting the idea, will have to work on it in my head.
I live in NW cape. north of pine island.

Hobster
07/06/2005, 11:52 AM
Here ya go. From the Master Mel.:)

http://www.melevsreef.com/closedloop.html

HTH

jobryan26
07/06/2005, 05:16 PM
I think I know where to have our next club meeting.......:D

Hobster
07/08/2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by jobryan26
I think I know where to have our next club meeting.......:D