PDA

View Full Version : Power Sweep by Zoo Med

reefmanic
12/05/1999, 05:58 PM
I'm going to be setting up a 55g soon and was wondering if anyone uses the power sweep oscillating powerhead?If so,what do you think?How much did it set you back and where can I obtain one?TIA-AUG

Alice
12/05/1999, 07:47 PM
Several people on the boards at AOL tried them..the unaminous answer was that they were junk and a total waste of money. Most only lasted a couple of weeks. Never tried them myself and with feedback like that, I'm not likely to do so.

reefmanic
12/05/1999, 08:23 PM
Thanks,I'll save some money!!I hear the same thing on AL.Last thing I need is MORE needless work.I heard rio has an attachment for their powerhead,is this true and where can I find one?thanks Aug

fade2black
12/06/1999, 07:36 AM
Rio does have an attachment for their powerheads. It works a little better than the powersweep. You just have to keep it clean. I got mine from Premium Aquatics and I'm undecided if it's worth the money for the single. Definitely go with the double if you're going to get one.

------------------
I need to win the lottery........

golfish
12/07/1999, 12:55 AM
The power sweep PH will be too small for the 55 even if you could get them to work..I had one work for about 1hr.

The Rio attachment that fade2black mentioned is IMO too big...I have one and tried to us e it in my 55,the only place I could fit it was right in the top,middle front of the tank...what an eyesore it is.

I would go with 3-4 Maxi-Jet powerheads and a Wave-strip,Its going to cost more but it will work.JMO

Mark

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/golfish1/reef.htm