PDA

View Full Version : Anyone selling tanks ?

KBCobra
02/06/2002, 06:57 PM
My Father is looking at setting up something large 120-250 gallon w/ (single/twin Overflows?) Preferably with lighting, skimmer, sump, pumps, etc -

Is anyone selling some or all of this equip in the area ?

Thanks,
Pat

RandyO
02/07/2002, 02:31 AM
Hey Pat,
I may have something for your father. It is a big acrylic tank. I am not sure the exact gallon size, but I'm guessing around 200. It is a tenacor inverted bowfront tank. The dimentions are 7and a half feet long, by 22 inches deep on the ends and 13 inches deep in the middle. It is also about 30 inches tall. The back of the tank has a built in overflow with filter chanbers also built in. I have four return pumps in the chambers pumping into the tank. The returns are at either side of the tank, two at the top and two more 10 inches down. The tank comes with a white acrylic stand. The light is a custom Sealife hood with 6 96Watt PC's. The protein skimmer is taller than the tank and stands next to it. This thing is pretty expensive brand new. I have it posted on the boards for 1500.00 for just the tank and stand and pumps. 2500.00 with lights and skimmer. But this price can be negotiated. Let me know what you think.

KBCobra
02/07/2002, 10:46 AM
What color is the stand , is the stand rectangular or concave, is the front plastic scratched up ? How old is the setup ? Inverted bowfront ? thats odd, Ive never even seen one of these in person. I take it all the bio media is gone (sand, rock, etc etc etc ) ?

What is the deal with the filter chambers. How do these work, are they adequate for a full reef setup, how much space does this take up on the back of the tank (assuming the middle is only 13 inch deep) How and where is the skimmer hooked up, im assuming its probably has its own seperate pump that is sunk within the back wetdry filter media setup ?

Let me know Ill see if he is interested.

-Pat

sschafer
02/07/2002, 11:30 PM
Sorry I can't help, but if anyone knows of a used 75 gal reef ready I'm interested.

-Steve

RandyO
02/09/2002, 04:04 AM
Hi Pat. That is a lot of questions. Lets see if I can answer them all. First, the stand color is white and there is a matching tank top, but it is not being used because the lights on the tank right now prevent it to close properly. The stand is the same as the tank, inverted bow. The tank is a few years old and has minimal scratches. The tank is still running so it may be possible to buy the sand and rock. I don't know if he plans on using it for the new tank. The filer chamber is built into the tank. The back of the tank has a fake wall the whole lenth of the tank. It is about 7" wide. In the middle of the fake wall, at the top are a bunch of slits where the water overflows over the fake wall. The water enters the back main chamber where the heater is and the power head for the skimmer. Then, Half of the water is diverted to the left side of the chamber, other half to the right. The water rushes over drip trays and then into the bio-ball chamber. The water then flows to the last chamber at the far ends of the tank where there are two holes in each chamber returning back into the main tank. One hole is at to top of the chamber, and one 6-8 inches below. The holes have barbed tips where a flexible hose is attached to power heads. The power heads pump the water back into the tank.
This is suitable for a reef. That is what this tank is. It is full of corals, frogspawn, hammers, bubbles, leathers, mushrooms, anemones and tons of other stuff. The fish are also amazing. A giant Sohal tang, Large Naso, Large Purple tang, Extra large sailfin tang, sm powder blue, large redfin foxface, and a bunch of smaller wrasses and clowns.
As far as space from the back of the tank. When I said 13 inches in the middle, that is just tank space, not including filter space.
And finaly, the skimmer stands almost eight feet tall and next to the tank. A small power head pumps water into the tank, and the return has to be above the top of the tank , and it flows back in by gravity. Two large air pumps power the air stones. Its quite simple yet very effective.
I hope that answers all your questions.