PDA

View Full Version : Lights Mounted

BubbaPhish
06/27/2005, 10:26 AM
Well I FINALLY did some more work to my new tank setup. I now have all of the lighting components and have mounted them to my canopy.
Lighting consist of 2- 250 watt SE halides and 2-110 watt Actinic VHO's. I still have about 30 min of work to finish up though. Have to mount the halide ballast to the heatsinks, and wire 1 ground on each ballast. I may need to add a fan or 2 to the canopy as well. The house stays pretty cool but I won't know for sure until everything is up and running. More than likely though I will have to add fans to the canopy.
Maybe later on today or tonight I will get a chance to snap a few pics and post my handy work.

Kevin

Been kinda quiet in here lately is everybody's tanks doing OK? I guess it may be quiet in here due to everybody being outside enjoying the warm weather ( and/or working our tails off).

bugshop
06/27/2005, 07:58 PM
Glad to see you making some headway, Kevin.

I think it's quiet here because everyone is stuck in traffic :rolleyes:

I DO NOT miss that summer traffic at the beach:rolleye1:

H2OLUVSME
06/28/2005, 07:41 AM
i wish i could say i was missing it :D

Kevin, sounds good. every one ive talked to seems to have their tank doing allright. mine is getting neglected. i cleaned the glass for the first time in a few weeks the other day, ive been pushing 70 hours the last few weeks with no days off. i havent had time to look at my tank, much less see how things are doing.

i ordered some things for the 29 and havent even had time to get it totally set up. this week is one of the last good weeks to ship animals, so im getting some things today for that tank. im having to set them up a temporary home, just so i can finish there permanant residence :rolleyes:

ill have an off topic picture post in the next few days to show off my new gems :D

BubbaPhish
06/28/2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah,
temp is goona start sweltering soon, bad time to get animals in during extreme heat. I figured you'd be working alot, summertime is always a good time for construction work. I used to work for my Dad and Uncle doing commercial roofing in college, I hated the summertime. 105 degrees on the ground and heat in excess of 120 up on the roof not to mention molten asphalt and pitch at over 500 degrees blaring up at you.

Will try to get some pics posted soon, wife has the camera stashed somewhere. After she finishes her nap I'll get it and take a few shots. Need to get it out anyway and make sure it is in order for Zach's B-day tomorrow:)

Kevin