PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

CastleRock
02/05/2002, 10:57 PM
Well This is what I have come up with so far. My Reef Creations protein skimmer MR-2 W/Mag-18 pump and a My Reef Creations Cal Reactor a CR-2. Iwaki MD-70RLT Pump all this on the way. the return pump from the refugium is my prob. I dont know what to put in there any ideas what you would put in there if it were yours? this is a drawing I have made of the plumbing im thinking of if you see probs please point them out or a better way to do it?
Thanks

Doug

CastleRock
02/09/2002, 12:01 PM
No Idea's huh?
well ok looks like im on my own :(

Jerry Gonzales
02/10/2002, 09:33 AM
Why don't you just go with another Mag-18 for your return. I would think it could give you plenty of return flow to your tank. I personally would place it outside of the sump. Since you already have one Mag inside for your skimmer producing heat. Champion Lighting and supply and Marine Depot both have them for good prices. But if you order enough from Marine Depot, the shipping is free. Jerry:)

stevenc64
02/10/2002, 02:38 PM
Hi Doug,
Overall looks pretty good. My only concern would be the amount of flow through the refugium. You probably only want 1-2x turnover in the refugium area, so if the refugium is 55 gallon then you probably only want about 100 gallons/hour through it. I can't tell from the diagram if all of the return goes through the refugium.
Steve

FishGeeek
02/11/2002, 10:28 AM
Is the sump glass? If so I would leave the pump in there, but if its plastic, drill it, get a bulk head and plum it on the outside.
Steve brought up a good point. You may want to put the return pump next to the skimmer. Then add a tee for the line comming into the sump. Have some water flow into the far side of the fug and most flow in next to the skimmer.

HTH
Brian

Keep posting, you are never on your own.

CastleRock
02/11/2002, 06:29 PM
Thanks Guys
ok see if I have this right:) the skimmer box (sump) would have the out flow back to the tank and a small part of the water back to the fug and then a small pump/power head in the left side to pump the overflow from the fug. I don't want the skimmer removing plankton and what-not before it hits the tank is this the right idea? the main current will come from the big pump and I can add a power head or two if needed
I'm almost there:) everything is on the way! lights pumps and skimmer and calk reactor just need a bottle and reg for it now:)
But im CLOSE!
Doug:smokin: :thumbsup:

:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce3: :bounce3: