PDA

View Full Version : How many fish can you put in a tank?

rincon
06/23/2005, 05:16 PM
I have a (approx) 35-40 gallon tank and was wondering how many fish I can put in it with out over crowding. As of now I have two Bullet gobies. One Tomato Clown w/ long tenticle anemone. A Tonaziu Fari Wrase, an Alleni Damsel and a shrimp.

I want to get a cleaner shrimp and possibly more fish but I don't know what the limit would be for the size of my tank. (It has about 25 gallons of acutal water due to the amt. of live rock and sand)

quaz
06/23/2005, 10:04 PM
there are lots of factors to consider. I think that the current stock you have would be just about the limit with that size tank. The shrimp and other inverts won't matter as much as multiple fish.

The biggest factors are fish compatibility, waste exportation via bio filter, if the fish are compatable will they be when/ if they get bigger.

You may think of it like this. How many people would you mind living with in your closet when you eat, sleep and deficate in there night and day and all you have to help is a fan and a compost pile to brake down the waste. :(

lanamarks
06/23/2005, 10:51 PM
I too think you've reached your fish limit. But there are tons of neat inverst out there that add lots of personality to your tank without adding to your bioload.

rincon
06/24/2005, 01:09 AM
Hey guys thanks for the input. I really appreciate it.

rincon

jokeloma
06/24/2005, 09:05 AM
Besides overcrowding you also have to consider the more fish the more you have to feed them and the more poop they will make. I would call it good on fish and get some cool shrimp and other inverts. I know you wanted more fish I gues you will just have to set up another tank :)

zoomfish1
06/24/2005, 08:01 PM
Man, Quaz, since you put it that way, I need to get rid of a few fish or get a bigger closet.