PDA

View Full Version : June Meeting Set

wahwoo
06/22/2005, 11:14 PM
This coming Sunday @ 2:00 pm is the date.

My wife Cheryl and baby Olivia are looking forward to meeting the wifes.

Bring along bathing suits, towels. I will grill up hamburgers and hot dogs. Bring any thing else you may want to throw on the grill.

What type of meeting theme can we have?

Ive tried to make the tank along the line of a nice peice of furniture instead of the mess of plumbing and wires that reef tanks can easily become. I want to keep the outside as attractive as the inside since it is a focal point in our home. A few cans of paint and some moulding went a long way in that area.

Our tank has been through hell in the past year. It was moved 1,300 miles through sub zero weather and most corals and LR were lost in transit from a heater that over cooked. It went through a cyano outbreak in the Spring and most recently an overflow caused me to disconnect a thriving refugium which died as it sat before I could remedy the problem. It can be a model for how much stress your reef can handle and still look appealing.

I almost had it ready to try acros again when it overflowed and I lost the whole refugium. I am setting it up again but it will only be running with new refug for a few days before the meeting. It used to have seven different macros, a crab, bristle worms and LOADS of pods.

I read that a guage of your water quality is seeing how long your front glass can go without seeing anything on it. The best that any one in the RC Acro Growers section claimed was 6-7 days. Most were less. I was up to 4 days before I saw a light film on the glass when the refug. was up. I just noticed that a lot of pods had migrated to the sump which will help the new refug. get going again.

The coraline has begun to spread and all the snails have new shell growth. These are two of my own good signs of water quality. Even the rock we made is beginning to grow coraline.

Its been a tough first year for this tank. Ive made a lot of improvements and I think its become very stable now.

I hope all of you can make the meeting. A ruff head count would be good to have.

See you Sunday

Dave

wahwoo
06/22/2005, 11:18 PM
I just sent Agu the directions so the emails should follow soon.

Bugs825
06/23/2005, 06:39 AM
I will be there. I will try to get my wife to come, she loves babies.

:D

Nathan

myakkareef
06/23/2005, 07:25 AM
We will be there, Dawn likes to come to meetings and a baby and other females are a plus....

Agu
06/23/2005, 08:06 PM
Nathan,

Your email bounced, contact me with an updated email at Agu@ReefCentral.com

Scott, Should I just bring your frogspawn frag to the meeting ?

myakkareef
06/24/2005, 07:03 AM
Agu, That would be great...Do you want the Carnation..
Red Carnation (http://www.reefermadness.us/Dendronepthya_sp.htm)

myakkareef
06/24/2005, 07:21 AM
Also for any one who did not make my last meeting I have a box of free stuff...Not sure what is left but I will bring it and you all can pick thru it...Any thing left will get trashed...Also have a fan set with power supply and thermostats, Brand new dual fans...Be interested in a trade or sell...
These are the fans...Fans (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46314&item=3982221430)
Also would be interested in buying any sps frags...Let me know if you have any...

jerrymlr1
06/25/2005, 06:18 PM
Stephanie and I will be there. I think we are just going to keep everything.......I think.:rollface:

Jerry

Agu
06/26/2005, 11:32 AM
Scott,

I'll pass on the carnation, it'll take more feeding than my little tanks could handle.

Thanks anyway,