PDA

View Full Version : Meds?

jjac
06/21/2005, 04:58 PM
Well my Hippo is getting worse so I need to take him out and quarantine him. He still has the Ich problem and now his eyes are starting to fog up. What makes the eyes do that? Anyways I have some Coppersafe made by Mardel, is it any good? Are their any other meds that I should use? Do you guys think that it will be worth it to remove the fish and treat it or will it just come back later?
Thanks Guys!

dvmsn
06/21/2005, 05:18 PM
I would be real careful about using copper on a blue tang. I've heard they can be sensative to it. I think that formalin is a safer medicine. I personally use methelyyne blue, which is what is recommended by Bob Fenner http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/index.htm. It is supposed to be tha absolute safest. You will have to get that at the Pet Center or online.

chad508
06/21/2005, 08:41 PM
have you done just a fresh water dip yet

jjac
06/21/2005, 09:07 PM
i did alot of reading on the fresh water dips and it seems that they don't really work. It will remove what hasn't turned into the white cyst.

tomterreefic
06/23/2005, 10:08 AM
Jimmy,
I've used Methyl Blue on numerous freshwater tanks with great success. It will turn your quarantine tank silicone blue though. I bought it at Pet Center last time. It's about $7-8 per bottle I think, but worth it. If you use formalin, be sure to add an airstone. Formalin will zap the O2 out of the water quickly.