PDA

View Full Version : New Camera Decisions...

ajx22
02/04/2002, 09:35 PM
Hey all!

I need to pick-up a new Digital camera specifically for taking photos of fish and corals to post on the net.

I have been searching for what the best camera would be to purchase, and have pretty much narrowed it down to either:
[list=1]
Nikon CoolPix 950
Canon PowerShot G2
[/list=1]

I own a store in Canada, and need to be able to post/e-mail HQ photos of our fish/coral/inverts/rock/etc. to customers as well as be able to post images on our web site.

Any suggestions as to which camera I should choose? I need to get this ASAP...so any first-hand info would be greatly appreciated. (I have read the reviews on http://www.dpreview.com - but they seem pretty much even all in all).

Thanks in advance!!!

ajx22
02/05/2002, 09:19 PM
Never mind the above question...

I went out today and played around with both models. Both are nice, but the Nikon CoolPix 995 seemed the best buy, especially @ $299.00 CAD less.

Thanks anyhow...

smokinreefer
02/06/2002, 07:28 PM
just curious, if you dont mind, what did it cost you?

ajx22
02/06/2002, 08:48 PM
Picked it up for $900.00 CAD + tax. It's selling for $999.99 everywhere (Henry's, Future Shop, etc.) - I went into Japan Camera and they had 1 left. I also wanted a few accessories (Flash Card + Tripod + Case + AC Adapter + other ods and ends), so I got a discount on the whole lot.

So far...I LOVE IT! Just waiting for the Tiffen Macro lenses to arrive so I can do some even nicer macro shots.

HTH...