PDA

View Full Version : What are the Best LFS in Jax?

skipm
06/16/2005, 07:39 PM
What are the best LFS in Jacksonville to visit besides RobsReef? I may come down there with a friend this weekend and want to know thge best stores to visit. Thank you. Skip

SSweet1
06/16/2005, 07:54 PM
Fish bowl off 210 and 95S, Ocean Reef out at the beach near Mayport, Pet Creations up North on Main Street, Aqua Zoo on Beach Blvd (nice fish). Someone mentioned Tidepool off Blanding somewhere South of Rob's Reef I have never been. Orlando has a ton of nice shops too. Carrie

floridareefs
06/17/2005, 08:45 AM
try atlantis off st johns bluff road. They have good prices and healthy fish. good luck, carrie has the corner on all the other stores.lol a little tip, do not go to aqua zoo in mandarin--what a rip off---its a joke the prices in that store.

reefkeeps
06/23/2005, 09:05 PM
Rob's Reef, Atlantis and Oceans Reef are the best local (for coral anyway).

Orlando has some awesome places if you don't mind a 2 hour drive.

It seems like it's an hour drive to Rob's as well but every now and then he has some really nice show corals. (nice size frags as well) He works with you as well!

Fish Bowl has some fish but almost no coral, Aqua zoo at the beach is ok for fish only (nice staff) the Mandarin store is not worth your time.

SSweet1
06/24/2005, 11:23 AM
I just went to Pet Creations and they are overpriced on the few corals they had as of yesterday. With this store you never know, sometimes it is good but yesterday it wasnt. If I could sell my trumpet/candy coral for 1/2 of the 64.00 they were asking I would be happy and it wasnt even pretty. Shrooms were 44.00 for like a rock of 3, YIKES! Carrie

patharm
06/24/2005, 09:31 PM
Hi SSweet1,

I was at Pet Creations last week and felt the same way.

Patrick