View Full Version : DWARF SEAHORSES BABIES

SeaKuda
07/02/2000, 02:19 AM
cAN I FEED DECAPSULATED BRINE SHRIMP EGGS
TO BABY SEAHORSES INSTEAD NAUPILI?
DO YOU THINK THEY WILL EAT THEM ?

O'Man
07/04/2000, 09:59 PM
Doubt they would eat eggs. Generally, seahorses require live food. I have had sucess with frozen brine when I cannot get live, but they are fussy. Lots of uneaten food with frozen.

My 2 cents is start hatching the brine and strain it out of the hatching water. Then feed. Also with babies, watch your water quality very closly. Good Luck

O'Man
07/04/2000, 10:00 PM
Doubt they would eat eggs. Generally, seahorses require live food. I have had sucess with frozen brine when I cannot get live, but they are fussy. Lots of uneaten food with frozen.

My 2 cents is start hatching the brine and strain it out of the hatching water. Then feed. Also with babies, watch your water quality very closly. Good Luck

Airel
07/09/2000, 01:11 PM
Seakuda,
The pygmy babies will not eat the decaped eggs. You can decap eggs yourself and then just put them in the tank for easier feeding. This would keep you from having to hatch yourself. But now you would have the trouble of decaping. If you would like instructions on doing this, let me know and I can send you to a site with detailed directions. We would love to have you in our seahorse group as well. If interested, let me know and I'll help you sign up.

Airel

SeaKuda
07/10/2000, 12:44 AM
Thank Airel and O'Man.
Airel, I love to joint the seahorses club.
Next Friday, I will get my shipment of dwarf
seahorses. Finally after 2 months of trying,
last Friday I was able to hatch the eggs, but
only about 5% hatch and after 1 day, they all
die. I am not ordering pregnant seahorse, but
just incase they get pregnant, I want to be
ready, so I can feed the baby.
Is there any other source of food that baby
seahorses eat beside nauplii. I have so much
bad luck with hatching brineshrimp eggs.

MstrssAyla
07/24/2001, 11:40 AM
To learn everything you ever wanted to know about Seahorses.... go to www.seahorse.org

You won't find a better group of folks to help you with your seahorses.

Good luck

Breef
11/11/2001, 10:48 PM
Try hatching the shrimp without using air,and not an excessive ammount of eggs. I do this because the air can kill the newly hatched napaulii..

thanh
12/15/2001, 09:38 PM
I used to had some babies sea horses too, however, they all died. SAD....:(