PDA

View Full Version : Gotta plug the the folks at Kent Marine.

jmkarcz
06/15/2005, 08:35 AM
I have been experiencing problems with the skimmer that drives the 300g puffer tank. I have been using the Kent Nautilus TE (Turbo Eductor). It has worked without fail since I bought the whole system last August. Now, the exhaust has been dumping masses of micro bubbles into the sump and getting blown back into the tank.

After a bit of searching I wound up on the Marine Depot site and found that they offered replacement parts. After a corespondence or so, they shunted me to Kent stating "Let them know if I was not helped"...

I was helped very promtly. Not only by someone who knew the skimmer, but the problem as well. I explained about the worn parts and Kevin promptly took my name and address. I patiently played with my credit card while he asked the usual questions. When he was done, he thanked me for calling and assured me these parts would help.

NO CHARGE

Thank you Kent Marine!
Jason M. Karcz

MarineDepot
06/25/2005, 05:54 PM
Hello Jason,

I apologize if you felt shunted by my email. That was not my intent at all. I was simply trying to let you know that we, Marine Depot, are not able to get replacement parts for the skimmers and that Kent Marine can get them directly for you. Below is my response to your email:

HI Jason,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately Kent Marine does not supply us with replacement parts for their skimmers. But just last week I contacted them for a customer who was looking for the exact same thing and they shipped them to the customer at no charge. I would suggest contacting Kent Marine directly on Monday at 1-770-966-5200 and they should be able to help you out. If they can not, let me know and I will contact them for you.

If there is anything else we can do for you do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Keith M.
Marine Depot Customer Service
1-714-385-0080
http://www.marinedepot.com
customercare@marinedepot.com

Since Kent Marine is in the same time zone as you (we are on the west coast, so many times we are not able to contact them until after noon) and your initial inquiry mention "Mine is badly worn and time is of the essence.... Please reply soon." my thought was you could call them in the morning and they could have the item shipped out that same day for you.

Again I do apologize if you felt shunted. This was not my intent. I was simply trying to help you get the replacment parts quicker.

If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Keith M.
Marine Depot Customer Service
1-714-385-0080
http://www.marinedepot.com
customercare@marinedepot.com

kass03
06/26/2005, 12:29 AM
Wow I can't believe marine depot found this thread lol.
I think it was nice of them to post a reply.

kass

FVReefer
06/26/2005, 09:11 AM
Marine Depot did not shunt Jason at all ... they sent him to the source. I would rather end up there than be talking to somebody third party.

RichT
06/26/2005, 09:18 AM
It appears that Marine Depot and Kent Marine are both quality vendors and I will continue to patronize both. I agree with Keith's approach to resolving the problem and it appears he was willing to go even further and make the calls himself if Jason was unsuccessful. JMO

jmkarcz
06/26/2005, 08:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, and if the term shunted was taken as a bad thing I apologize, it was not my intent to negate Marine Depot at all, I called upon them first as they are the ones who got the majority of my catalog sales $ last year. I appreciate Keiths effort. As you can see, I also am in sales. I was only out to point out that they were quick to send replacement parts, and not the the original purchaser...

BTW, the skimmer is working once again... Thank you to Keith as well as Kent.

FWIW, I will be placing another order soon and plan to use Marine Depot.

Jason