PDA

View Full Version : Purple tang Beginning of March

jimmy n
02/03/2002, 02:54 PM
I will be swapping my 100 for a 140 at the beginning of March and will be taking out a 3-4" purple tang. I don't want to trade it in to the LFS if I get away with it.

If anyone is interested in a purple tang for their tank either really cheap or for a frag or two, let me know.

I have pictures if you are interested

Jim

Mojoreef
02/03/2002, 05:01 PM
Hey Jimmy its mike from sumner, if you want I can hold it until your tank is up and running. Email me if yu want

Mike

gljjr
02/24/2002, 06:31 PM
Hey Jimmy,

He would go in my 150 really well :)

I've been shopping for one lately anyway. I love those guys!!

Gary
http://fp1.centurytel.net/TheAerie/FishTank.htm

gljjr
03/18/2002, 01:30 AM
Well on Friday I helped Jim move up to his new tank. He has a great set up and things went very well! After picking up the sand at Paul's house in Issaquah I drove down to Lakewood for the tank upgrade.
When I got there Jim had already gotten most of the old tank gutted. He still had a couple inches of water in the tank and all 6" of live sand. After pulling several crabs out of the sand and throwing them in his sump we emptied the rest of the water and scooped out enough sand for us to be able to lift the tank. Jim had a temporary stand sitting next to the old tank and after removing the down tubes we hefted the tank over to the temporary stand. I don't know how he thought he and his wife would be able to lift it! :) I'm sure they could have managed but they would have had to remove a lot more of the sand before doing so!
We then brought in his new tank and put it on his stand. Once the stand was relocated about 14" from the wall so he would have room to work behind it we started filling it with sand. We put about 3" of the original sand in and then put 100 lbs of Aragamax on top of that. Then we added a couple more inches from his old tank. All in all I think he has a good 6" or more in his new tank.
The interesting thing to both of us is that we never found any sand in his old tank that was black from lack of oxygen! It all looked like what you would see in any tank's live sand!
After getting the sand in place we added the water. While I held the hose Jim started putting in his liverock and corals/clams. Since the water was pretty cloudy from the sand storm he was working blind!
But he got almost everything in place before it was time for me to head home with two of the healthiest fish I have seen in a long time! They survived the trip home and are now happily trying to figure out who is boss in their new home. Since they were still trying to figure that out today I went and added in a Desjardini Sailfin Tang to add to the fun!

Jim, Thanks again for the fish and I would love to see the finished product sometime!