PDA

View Full Version : Awsome Auction

Roll221
06/11/2005, 10:01 PM
I just want to say thanks to everyone that had a chance to get some of my corals today, you were all very generous. I hope you all enjoy them for years to come and if anyone has question on care of the please PM me. Also, thanks to all the Prop folks for putting this together for all of us.

Ed

MattD004
06/11/2005, 11:34 PM
Ed, your stuff is awesome!! An hour in my tank and its already opening up. Thanks again.

vanmle
06/11/2005, 11:48 PM
Yes, I agree with Matt that you have awesome stuff. I hope you come to every PROP auction. :)

Philwd
06/11/2005, 11:56 PM
Thank You Ed. Everything looks awesome. The blue tort just glowed under the AC14K!! I literally can't wait until tomorrow to see it again.

Phil

Roll221
06/12/2005, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear you are all happy with everything, keep me updated on the corals status.

Ed

Philwd
06/12/2005, 09:48 PM
And Dave I can't forget to thank you for the pink mille and yellow cap. You didn't mention the cap had green highlights. Looks fantastic under the 14K. Yellow, green highlights and purple polyps. Pink mille also doing great. Although Ed's green mille is hairier :D .

Thanks again.

Phil

dmorel
06/13/2005, 09:45 AM
Ed, thank you for coming done with such great stuff. The only bad thing I can say is that I didn't get any of it!

Phil, glad you're enjoying the corals. The cap does not display any green for me, but it does sit towards the back of my tank which has very little (OK none) supplimental actinic lighting, could be that you have some VHO's or PC's that are bringing out that color? The purple polyps are outstanding, once the frag stabalizes in your tank, they should really POP. Ed's green mille is supposed to be hairy then my pink, so you can dig that fantastic super pink coloration, but my green milli is hairy then his! At least, that's the story I'm going with! ;)~

Thanks for coming out everyone, that was a long fun day of coral madness, and we all appreciate it. I was particularly pleased with how cool the vibe in the room was, everyone seemed to be having a good time despite the amount of stuff we went through.

-dm

Satori
06/13/2005, 09:42 PM
The second best part of the auction for me was being able to put some faces to user names.

Of course, the best thing was the great pieces I came home with. (Especially since Ed doesn't have them...) j/k! I love the green PROP cap, I had the perfect place for it planned out before I even went to the auction. Between that one, the great lavender cap from Gordon, and the small orange cap frag from Ed, I really have a "cap corner" going on. I'll have to get a picture posted of that side of the tank.

Roll221
06/19/2005, 08:55 PM
Wow, this thread just dies after an auction :) Hope everone is ok and all new frags are doing good as well.

Ed

vanmle
06/19/2005, 10:47 PM
I think this is my fault, but I have my two nana frags RTNed on me. I was kinda disappointed because I really liked them. Oh well, I will improve my water conditions and wait until the next auction.

I measured my alk (7.6 dKH) and calcium (360) and they were a little low side and the high on the temp gets to be about 83 degrees. All other measurements were what they are supposed to be. I am not sure if my nitrates test is good because nitrates is always undectable. I getting a new nitrate test kit. On the bright side, my other SPS frags are doing OK though, but they are not as colorful as I would like.

Philwd
06/19/2005, 11:57 PM
Hi Ed my frags all doing great. Not much to say for a couple weeks. See how fast they encrust. The tort looks especially nice under the AC14K's. Your green Mille looks so cool all hairy in the flow. Of course Dave claims his is hairier. I just may have to find out. I'll get some pics up when they've encrusted.

Sorry to hear about your frags Van. That sucks. Those were nice nanas. How quickly did they RTN? Do you acclimate at the bottom of the tank for a couple days? I had read that's good practice and that's what I do. Also I drip acclimated for 3 hours since Ed's alk was quite a bit higher than mine. My nana has been up on top for 3 days now and looks fine. All polyps out. The tort has been up on top a little longer and is really coloring up. The others doing fine also.

How stable are your levels? Is the alk moving around a lot? Since Fliger suggested putting buffer in the topoff my alk has been pretty steady ~ 9dkh. I use an Osmolator for auto topoff out of a reservoir. Keeps alk steady all day long. It only really moves if my evap changes a bit. Stable is better. ~ 8dkh is good enough if its stable. After I took Fliger's suggestion is when the frags I got from Tyree really starting taking off.

My temp is controlled by a dual port Ranco. Stays between 80-81. Again stability is key.

The way everything is growing maybe I'll have some frags after the summer is over.

Phil

kirstenk
06/21/2005, 09:33 AM
I was over at Clkwrk's and he had two RTN from the prop auction. I don't know if they were nana.

Roll221
06/21/2005, 11:20 PM
Sorry to hear that Van, glad to hear Phil's frags are doing well. Clkwrk, what frags did you have RTN, I will make good on any of mine that you realistically feel were damaged or not in good shape when you got them. Most of my stuff was fragged at 0900 on Sat. so by the time most got back in established tank it was a good 8-9 hours. Not that long compared to mail order but there was considerably less water in the containers.

Ed

clkwrk
06/22/2005, 12:28 AM
Mine were a yellow milli and the small blue tip frags. Other than that the rest are doing perfect especially the tort :) My levels stay pretty stable with the help of my aquacontroller. Minor fluctuations . Who know prolly my fault for putting them 3/4 up my structure in the center with all my lighting which is new. I had one acro rtn after bleaching because of the new lights and extra added pendant and VHO.

No biggie;)

You win some and lose some so I am not worried about it Ed . The tort was one of my main objectives and I got there in the nic of time . BTW mine has already encrusted where the tip broke of during the fraging session . Now I hope it branches right there.
And as Phil mentioned it looks awesome under 14k Phx

Roll221
06/22/2005, 07:54 AM
Cool, glad to here the Tort is doing great, the Blue Tip Acros can be replaced a lot easier!! Same with me, all the fragged tips have regrown, the green millis grown back in multiple branches.

Ed

NeilPearson
06/23/2005, 03:02 PM
Here's some pictures of a few of the frags I got at the auction (I ended up with a bunch - 10 or 11)

First the smallest blue tort of the group... he's already grown quite a bit :P

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/64246June_16_013.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/64246June_16_024.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/64246June_16_026.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/64246June_16_006.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/64246June_16_001.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/64246June_16_022.jpg

You can see the orange cap in this one:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/64246June_16_045.jpg

And a full tank shot... A few more auctions like that and a couple years worth of growth and it should look pretty good :P

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/64246June_16_033-med.jpg

dmorel
06/23/2005, 03:23 PM
Neil, your tank looks fantastic!
How long has it been up now? The water clarity in the full tank shot is fantastic.

-dm

NeilPearson
06/23/2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks, this is what it looked like April 5, 2005

That is 60 pounds of base rock from Hi Rocks in there and a bunch of southdown

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/508/64246April_5_2005_001.jpg

NeilPearson
06/23/2005, 04:10 PM
The big softie on the left was pulled out of my 29. It was starting to overgrow the 29. Actually I pulled it out when I noticed it grew into a powerhead and got chopped up a little. Now I have about 6 of them in my 29 all about 2-3 inches tall.

All the mushrooms and zoos were on the rock when I got it. Friends of ours bought a new house that just happened to have a tank in it (about a 120) They didn't want it so they said I could have it if I went and got rid of it for them. So that is where a lot of the rock (and the yellow tang) came from.

The rock also came with a couple hundred aptaisa... I used a couple bottles of Joe's Juice as I pulled out the rock but it was impossible to get them all. That's why there's a Copperband Butterfly in there.

kirstenk
06/23/2005, 07:35 PM
Neil, you will be surprised at how fast some these SPS can grow! Ya gotta a good start.

Roll221
06/23/2005, 10:17 PM
Neil,

Keep us all posted on the progress of the frags, the Nana is a really fast grower as I can see from the pic, already encrusting to the glue. The Tort looks great also, glad to see they went to a good home!!

Ed

NeilPearson
06/24/2005, 02:56 AM
I think the Nana is the fastest grower of the group. I can already see a difference between the picture and how it is now. It is really taking to that glue. It probably doesn't hurt that it gets real sunlight on that end of the tank every morning