PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in new refractometers?

bradwent
02/01/2002, 05:12 PM
At the last meeting John brought out his refractometer to show and it was discussed. I know that John and someone else offered to calibrate the cheaper specific gravity meters, but I came to the conclusion, a while ago, that this is an expensive hobby and...you can draw your own conclusion.

I contacted a guy selling a salinity refractometer on eBay. I was comparing prices to http://www.northcoastmarines.com/REFRACT.htm and wanted to see what kind of price we could get. His eBay screen name is nis_sales. You can search by seller and look at his auctions.

Does anyone have an interest in buying one? If you do, I would like to get a count and email this guy and see what kind of pricing he would give us. For now, it looks as though I could get a price match as what northcoastmarines.com is selling them for. Below is his response.

Thank you for your reply!

We aim to be very competitive, especially against NCM. I would like to offer you a price, but I would like to earn your business in the process.

I could easily quote you a lowball price. But I want to be sure that you'll not show it to NCM, only for you to get it from them. They charge $80 for the "NEW" version of Salinity Refractometer (of which I can import them too), plus (something like $6.00 for standard shipping). Your grand total will be $86.00 (or so). What price do they offer your reef club? What price would earn your business? What quantities do you order in?

If you must have the "NEW" version, the price would be the same from us - FYI.

Please contact me with pricing and if you have any questions.

Charlie Downs

National Industrial Supply
392 S. Miraleste Dr. #492
San Pedro, CA 90732
Sales/Technical: 310.748.6858 Fax: 310.833.7306

CastleRock
02/02/2002, 08:13 PM
I would be. count me in
Doug

bradwent
02/09/2002, 06:32 PM
Here is the response for the best price I could get:

Fair enough. At our eBay store we offer the RHS-10ATC Refractometer for $79.99,
plus $5.00 for
Standard Shipping and $2.50 for Insurance (which is optional). I would like to
offer you and your
colleagues the following rate:

RHS-10ATC Salinity Refractometer..............$67.99* (15% off our already low
eBay store price!)
Standard Shipping to the continental USA.......$5.00
Shipping Insurance..............................FREE
-------
Grand Total...................................$72.99

* = California Residents must pay an 8.25% Sales Tax, sorry.

Please arrange to pay with your credit/debit card or personal/company check
through either
www.paypal.com or www.billpoint.com. If you like, you can send checks or money
orders to our
address listed below. Checks must clear the bank before we can ship out the
unit, sorry.

National Industrial Supply
392 S. Miraleste Drive #492
San Pedro, CA 90732

If you have any questions, please contact me!

Thank you for your interest!

Charlie

I will most likely be ordering next week. I am going to try and order early in the week, but I am going out-of-town and may end up ordering them on Thursday. If anyone else wants one let me know. I would assume they could be ordered straight from Charlie, but let me know and I will send him an email that you are part of the club.

Dryfly
02/14/2002, 08:22 AM
You should have an email from me. If not, put me down for one or let me know if individual arrangements need to be made. Thanks.

Bob.