PDA

View Full Version : Update, Round 2

AquAsylum
06/08/2005, 08:03 PM
Sooooo....

The basket/rock/veil technique was not successful for the shrooms. I went to check on them today and they were ooey, goeey, stinky, dead.

Xenia are 1/2 great and 1/2 gone.

Ricordia seems loose from the rock. I finally decided to move it a little lower.

Leather is great- seems taller every day.

Not sure what the deal is. Our tests are all good and even Nitrates are low (yeah, chaeto)...

Also have a new LTA that looks great but just doesn't want to be in the sand. Whatever makes him/her happy.

multi striped 12
06/08/2005, 10:00 PM
Sorry about the shrooms ...don't know, water movement problem?

multi striped 12
06/08/2005, 10:05 PM
I am not a LTA expert but every thing I have read it will move any where
any time it wants untill it finds a spot it likes, hopefully it will be a spot you can see it...I think they like a near edge rock,near rock to hide spot?

myakkareef
06/09/2005, 07:26 AM
Laura, sorry shrooms did not take, If you have not removed them just let them be. Shrooms are reselent and can grow back from nothing over time kinda like xenia... Same basically with the ric, moveing it down is probally a good thing. Glad the Leateher is doing good for you though and the Chaeto is working. As the Chaeto grows harvest it, it will grow even faster the more you harvest atleast to a point.My LTA/RBTA really never moves once it found its home. They like a hole in a rock best for there foot, then they will expand out to the current...

AquAsylum
06/12/2005, 10:25 AM
The LTA is doing fine, but still hasn't attached anywhere. I read that this species is a sand dweller, but it won't dig into the sand anywhere. It eats, opens, flushes, etc...

Looked really great when it was attached to the rock. I might not be able to resist trying that route again.

Pete Starostecki
06/12/2005, 11:03 AM
I've tried several times to make shroom cuttings and I can't get them to take.

CoralConnection
06/23/2005, 07:15 PM
Pete,

mushrooms are pretty easy, I find if you cut them up they ussually die, just cut the heads off leaviing the foot on the rock.
you can just let the heads drop into a tank with rocks spread around the bottom or let them free in your tank, they will find a rock and attach. the foot will grow a new head and the head will grow a new foot. I never had much luck cutting the head up, seems to many cuts and infection by bacteria easily takes over.

James
Coral Connection